Disney Parks & Resorts

home.disney.go.com
  home.disney.go.com
There are newer employer reviews for Disney Parks & Resorts

Fantastic, fun job, but not a great career path for college graduate

Former Employee - PhotoPass Photographer in Lake Buena Vista, FL
Former Employee - PhotoPass Photographer in Lake Buena Vista, FL

I worked at Disney Parks & Resorts full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have never had more fun in my life than my 2 years working at Walt Disney World. You meet thousands of people from all over the world. It's amazing to think that you have so much fun working every day and get paid for it. I would never discount working here; just don't get stuck waiting for a better opportunity to come along.

Cons

Despite how fun the job is, the pay is really low. If you're a college graduate, look elsewhere or maybe only go after salaried jobs here. You're not going to make much money and while WDW is a great conversation piece for a resume, it may just end up delaying your career plans. It takes a really long time to move up from within the parks, which I learned from speaking to lots of cast members who were there a lot longer than me.

At least make an effort to get to know your cast better. I worked at Magic Kingdom, so there were hundreds of us in the PhotoPass department alone. The top managers for PhotoPass were hardly ever around and it took meeting some of them more than 5 times for them to remember me.

1172 Other Employee Reviews for Disney Parks & Resorts (View Most Recent)

So far so good!

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant

I have been working at Disney Parks & Resorts part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I felt well accomdated as soon as I began working with them. I gave them good results and efficent dedicated work and I received my return in more then a form of compesation, but as people in my group, seemed to care about me as a person. Temp postion.

Cons

It seems like the senior management needs more structre/management internally to implement higher standarts in which they are thriving to succeed in! but we cant be perfect!

None yet... heh

Operated one attraction in Magic Kingdom.

Former Employee - Operation Intern in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Operation Intern in Orlando, FL

I worked at Disney Parks & Resorts as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Happy and smily faces every day. You can go to the parks or invite friends to the parks for free. Huge employee discount.

Cons

Very robotic work every day.

There are newer employer reviews for Disney Parks & Resorts