Disney Parks & Resorts

There are newer employer reviews for Disney Parks & Resorts

Great

Current Employee - College Program in Lake Buena Vista, FL
Current Employee - College Program in Lake Buena Vista, FL

I have been working at Disney Parks & Resorts as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Plenty of Opportunity to move up if you take it

Cons

Company is so big that you sometimes just become a number there

1183 Other Employee Reviews for Disney Parks & Resorts (View Most Recent)

It's a Good Start, Great experience, before greater things!

Current Employee - Merchandise in Lake Buena Vista, FL
    Current Employee - Merchandise in Lake Buena Vista, FL

I have been working at Disney Parks & Resorts part-time (less than an year)

Pros

This is my first Job here in America, my coworkers are from all over the states and the world, you learn about different cultures, you actually can practice and improve your English.

Cons

The Cons of this company depends on you, if you realize that there is no promotions for you, take action and look for other opportunities. Many people working there achieve great things, others leave and get their opportunities somewhere else. Don't get frustrated, take action and go for better things.

Fantastic, fun job, but not a great career path for college graduate

Former Employee - PhotoPass Photographer in Lake Buena Vista, FL
    Former Employee - PhotoPass Photographer in Lake Buena Vista, FL

I worked at Disney Parks & Resorts full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have never had more fun in my life than my 2 years working at Walt Disney World. You meet thousands of people from all over the world. It's amazing to think that you have so much fun working every day and get paid for it. I would never discount working here; just don't get stuck waiting for a better opportunity to come along.

Cons

Despite how fun the job is, the pay is really low. If you're a college graduate, look elsewhere or maybe only go after salaried jobs here. You're not going to make much money and while WDW is a great conversation piece for a resume, it may just end up delaying your career plans. It takes a really long time to move up from within the parks, which I learned from speaking to lots of cast members who were there a lot longer than me.

At least make an effort to get to know your cast better. I worked at Magic Kingdom, so there were hundreds of us in the PhotoPass department alone. The top managers for PhotoPass were hardly ever around and it took meeting some of them more than 5 times for them to remember me.

There are newer employer reviews for Disney Parks & Resorts