College Program

Former Intern - Merchandiser in Lake Buena Vista, FL
Former Intern - Merchandiser in Lake Buena Vista, FL

I worked at Disney Parks & Resorts as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at Disney… need I say more!

Cons

I would have to say Florida heat...

Advice to Management

Be genuine when talking to your interns it will mean the world to them!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Difficult but rewarding.

I have been working at Disney Parks & Resorts

Pros

You get to meet a lot of very interesting people and help them make memories they will always cherish. You also get a lot of customer service experience. You learn how to turn a negative interaction into a positive one and you develop the ability to read people well.

Cons

Difficult hours, especially if you're a student. Scheduling preferences are often ignored, especially during busy seasons, regardless of your requirements. You also need to have a pretty thick skin to deal with Guests. Sometimes people will be very mean to you, so prepare yourself for that.

Advice to Management

Respect the scheduling needs of your employees. For many of them, this is not their career choice, but rather a way to make money while they work toward a degree in their chosen field, and will not appreciate having to put their job before their education.

2. Great people work there. Managers are awesome. Lots of fun working during the night time. I would definitely recommend!

Current Intern - Merchandiser in Orlando, FL
    Current Intern - Merchandiser in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Disney Parks & Resorts as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun people, nice managers, joyful working environment, very diverse, you will have a chance to make friends from all over the world

Cons

Too many night shifts, you need to stay up late. Too busy during the holiday season and summer time