Disney Parks & Resorts

There are newer employer reviews for Disney Parks & Resorts

Software Engineering Intern at WDPRO

Former Employee - Software Engineering Intern in Glendale, CA
Former Employee - Software Engineering Intern in Glendale, CA

I worked at Disney Parks & Resorts as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Everyone I worked with was very friendly and helpful when I had questions or when I needed to learn something new. The perks of working for Disney are great, even if you are just an intern. There are a lot of opportunities to learn and meet new people, but you have to be proactive and not wait for people to come to you.

Cons

Sometimes it seems like you continue doing the same thing over and over again. The work can get stale quickly if you don't try and find something new to do; especially with interns, they don't always make sure that when you finish what they told you to do that you have access to what should come next.

1181 Other Employee Reviews for Disney Parks & Resorts (View Most Recent)

Disney as a Consultant

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Celebration, FL
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Celebration, FL

I worked at Disney Parks & Resorts as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

As a consultant, I had a great learning experience at Disney Parks Resorts, the company and cast members treat the consultants like a cast member. I waas able to understand the brand and the impeccable high quality standards that many families enjoy and expect from Disney.

Cons

Too many long hours for an extended period of time.

Turnover of consultants can lead to decrease value and more time spent on training.

Vacation Planning Perks

Former Employee - Vacation Planner(Ticket Sales) in Lake Buena Vista, FL
    Former Employee - Vacation Planner(Ticket Sales) in Lake Buena Vista, FL

I worked at Disney Parks & Resorts part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Extensive class room training, Selling tickets in air conditioned booths, Great co-workers, Good benefits including free Disney Park entrance, Good Medical Insurance for Full-time employees

Cons

Union pitch during training! Union dues taken out of check! Found out later that the Union has to help all employees whether they are Union members or not! Management changes frequently and too many managers in each department, each with different goals!

Help all Cast Members who want to move up in the company, not just your favorites!

There are newer employer reviews for Disney Parks & Resorts