Disney Parks & Resorts

There are newer employer reviews for Disney Parks & Resorts

Working for the Mouse

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at Disney Parks & Resorts part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I've been with the resort for about 9 months now. Great experience, depending on your department and whether or not you're able to make the best of whatever situation you find yourself in. I work in the entertainment department. So obviously it's very fast-paced and you learn the true meaning of "the show must go on" no matter the circumstances. Honestly though, greatest thrill comes from seeing the smiles of the young performers I'm fortunate enough to work with and the joy of the audiences we put on shows for.

Cons

The only con I can really think of are the hours. There's a lot of competition for shifts and it can sometimes become very frustrating. Other than that, great company to be a part of.

None that comes to mind.

1141 Other Employee Reviews for Disney Parks & Resorts (View Most Recent)

Disneyland resort

Current Employee - Baker in Anaheim, CA
    Current Employee - Baker in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at Disney Parks & Resorts full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company can guarantee you hours if you are labeled as full time.
    The benefits are well worth it.
    You can accumulate vacation time or sick time. if you happen to have a dependent with special needs they have a program that will allow you to take all of the necessary actions without risking anything.

Cons

The pay is not the same everywhere in the park. It really depends in what department and position you are working.

Great atmosphere and fun to work at.

Former Employee - Retail Sales Clerk in Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Clerk in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Disney Parks & Resorts part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working at an amusement park. Fun atmosphere. Positive and friendly people generally. Allowed to bring in friends/family into the park a certain number of times. Able to move departments if you request it.

Cons

Pay isn't very high as a regular cast member. Benefits only apply to full-time. Meet many good as well as some bad guests with high guest traffic. Sometimes scheduling moves you around numerous areas of the park, which can be difficult as you must rent costumes from Disney

More management engagement with employees. Store managers seemed a bit disconnected with cast members. Cast leads were more reliable.

There are newer employer reviews for Disney Parks & Resorts