Management

Current Employee - Guest Services Manager  in  Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Guest Services Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Disney Parks & Resorts full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Decent Health Benefits and 401K

Cons

No Loyalty, plus no advancement on Merit, it's by who you know.

Make more positions for growth opportunities.

Other Reviews for Disney Parks & Resorts

College Program

Former Employee - Disney College Program  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Disney College Program in Orlando, FL

I worked at Disney Parks & Resorts as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Work with people from around the world.

Cons

Managers and pay not great.

Trust

Fun and exciting working environment; terrible hours, and corrupted hierarchy.

Former Employee - Monorail Operations Cast Member  in  Lake Buena Vista, FL
    Former Employee - Monorail Operations Cast Member in Lake Buena Vista, FL

I worked at Disney Parks & Resorts part-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are what make a job at Disney magical. When I took the job at Walt Disney World, I was starry eyed. I thought I would be making magical experiences all day long, and helping guests with their problems along the way. While you do spend a good part of the day making magic (what's more magical than seemingly flying train to a child), there are many monotonous and some downright lonely positions you take in your daily rotation. Working with a fun and driven set of people make it all worth while.

Cons

The people. While your co-workers are also the best part of working here, some of them are the worst. There is a very clique-y feel here. It sort of reminds you of high school in a way.

Management is a joke, especially in this department. Monorails is notorious for bringing in a plethora of new and under-skilled Guest Service Managers, who use the department as a stepping stone to other departments.

Everybody watches out for themselves. I have both seen and been a victim of illicit practices of management "making an example" out a cast member, so that it can further their career.

Late Hours. Monorails continue to run for one hour after park close. So, if the Magic Kingdom doesn't close until midnight, you'll still have guests until 1:00am. Then it takes 1 hour (on a good night) to return the monorails to shop, power-down all stations and stay out trains, and pick-up all now dislocated cast members. So, you won't clock out until roughly 2:00am those nights. Morning crew is back for the daily meeting as early as 4:30am the next day.

Old, broken trains. Imagine driving your car nonstop for 21 hours. Now imagine having done that every day for the last 25-years. Most of the routine maintenance done on these trains happens after hours. So, you're looking at two-and-a-half hours to fix all the problems with twelve trains. It's not going to happen.

Bring back Tim.

There are newer employer reviews for Disney Parks & Resorts.

Worked for Disney Parks & Resorts? Contribute to the Community!