Great place to work.

Current Employee - Service Manager  in  Lake Buena Vista, FL
Current Employee - Service Manager in Lake Buena Vista, FL

I have been working at Disney Parks & Resorts

Pros

There are plenty of opportunities to move among divisions in the company. You may perform the same function for a different area and are able to get a new perspective on the entire business. Work / Life balance is strongly promoted. Educational opportunities abound. Others are impressed when you say that you work for Disney. The brand commands respect. If you ever forget why you work here, you need only walk into the parks and watch as a family enjoys one of the many offerings and see the joy that working together brings that one family.

Cons

Compensation should be more transparent. The performance review rules have been recently skewed so that nearly all employees must be rated average. There is little reason to overachieve to get a better rating because so few above average ratings are permitted.

I would like to see our performance review system reevaluated and normalized for teams of varying sizes. All members of high performing teams should be rewarded for their efforts.

Other Reviews for Disney Parks & Resorts

Disney Theme Parks and Resort - Great place for personal growth and advancement.

Current Employee - Guest Services Manager  in  Anaheim, CA
    Current Employee - Guest Services Manager in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at Disney Parks & Resorts

Pros

Self-development tools are easily accessible to those that are willing to put some effort into it. Advancement is fairly simple at the beginning if hired as a hourly employee. You will learn and grow daily if you let yourself. The benefits are very good compared to other companies. Disney believes 110% in diversity of it's employees and enforces a non-discriminatory work environment.

Cons

Working holiday's is always hard, but can be fun if you want it to be. Dealing with upset guests and employees can also be frustrating. Being a large corporation, they can be slow at following through.

Spend more time with the people running the everyday operation. Those that talk to the guests everyday and will be 100% honest with you about what people are saying. Eat lunch in the backstage café's with the hourly cast at once a month. Listen, make them feel important, and let them know they are appreciated. They are your front line for guest service, make them know that you care and listen to their positive stories and concerns.

A day in the life of DIsney.

Current Employee - Character Greeter  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Character Greeter in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Disney Parks & Resorts

Pros

It is a fun job were you literally play all day with kids. If you come to work in a bad bood, you just forget about everything else and get lost in the magic of Disney. To see all the adults and children smile and know you just made their day is absolutely priceless.

Cons

The pay is not great and you have to bridge hours or work a lot of overtime to make it. The health benefits are not great either.

I don' t think we get recognized enough if we are doing a good job. Sometimes it feels like you are just a number. And there are plenty of other people out there that will take our job so you don't really need us.

There are newer employer reviews for Disney Parks & Resorts.

Worked for Disney Parks & Resorts? Contribute to the Community!