Disney
www.disneycareers.com Burbank, CA 5000+ Employees

Would love to work here again!

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Disney full-time for more than a year

ProsIt was the one place that I got to put almost all of my skills to work from guest servicing to creativity to acting.

ConsThere was a lot of pressure on making hourly goals. Even though I made my goals, my Manager was not and so I as well as the other Assistant Store Manager had to try to make up his parts of the day. When the DM hinted that we need to restructure management, my Store Manager told me "What would it look like if we had to demote you?" It wasn't based on my performance but the performance of the store and I was the lowest woman on the totem pole in regards to years being at Disney. So I found another job and left. No hard feelings although had I been the Store Manager and it was my fault then I would have "man uped".

Advice to Senior ManagementThe advice I would give to Management is some of which they are doing: They are getting off the pressured sales and hourly sales updates. However they need to remember the reason for the store was to bring Disney into people's homes, for those who couldn't afford a Disney Vacation the store was their parks, and to bring Magic back into the lives of those who had forgotten.

Project Manger

Project Manager (Former Employee)
Seattle, WA

I worked at Disney full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: There are a lot of wonderful folks at the Walt… Cons: Management wasn't highly skilled in handling internal conflict issues Advice to Senior Management: Pick a technology strategy and stick with it. More

Pleasant, while at the same time hectic

Quick Food&Beverage (Former Employee)
Orlando, FL

I worked at Disney as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Get to network and meet professionals Cons: THE CONTRACT, you could get fired if not smiling?? No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Disney.

Worked for Disney? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Disney reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Disney CEO Bob Iger. All reviews posted anonymously by Disney employees.