There are newer employer reviews for Disney Store

Great Job for someone who is in school or needs a second source of income

Former Employee - Sales Associate in National City, CA
Former Employee - Sales Associate in National City, CA

I worked at Disney Store part-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is overall a really good company to work for.

-My location was fairly small so you become pretty close with your fellow employees and management

-Around once a month we volunteered which is something I enjoyed

-Every six months we were given two FREE Disneyland Park hopper tickets...and at Christmas time you get an additional four on top of that, huge plus!

-they can be somewhat accommodating about working around your schedule if need be

Cons

-Unless you are a manager you will never get enough hours to support yourself. This is why I said it's a good position for someone in school.

-On the same note, there is almost no room for growth in the company.

-They require you to have "call ins" about 2 to 3 days a week on top of your already scheduled shifts. This means that the days you have call ins you can't technically make any plans because you don't know whether or not you will have to come to work that day. This is probably my biggest con.

-At my particular location, perhaps because of how small the store was, there was a lot of gossiping, even amongst the managers which I felt was very unprofessional.

Advice to Management

Refer to cons.

reviews filtered by
  1. Mission Magic

I have been working at Disney Store part-time

Pros

If you love Disney, then the discounts, givaways, and free tickets are for you. Flexible hours, nice co-workers, really nice breakroom all included.

Cons

If you don't absolutely love Disney it's not worth not being able to take time off during the blackout period (November-January), the pay barely goes up, they don't like to hire from within, so you will be training new managers that are making more money than you whose job you can do.

2. Love woking in a place of opportunity.

Current Employee - Warehouse Worker in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Warehouse Worker in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Disney Store full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The thing I like about working at the disney store is the people I work with. I have had several jobs at my age and the people here are the most respectful people I have ever worked with.

Cons

My negative view of working here is the amount of work put on a chosen few of people who work the same position.

Advice to Management

The thing that would would help for the employies here, is to make sure that the work is evenly put out to the workers who work the same positions.