Disney Store

www.disneystore.com
  www.disneystore.com
There are newer employer reviews for Disney Store

Great Job for someone who is in school or needs a second source of income

Former Employee - Sales Associate in National City, CA
Former Employee - Sales Associate in National City, CA

I worked at Disney Store part-time (more than an year)

Pros

This is overall a really good company to work for.

-My location was fairly small so you become pretty close with your fellow employees and management

-Around once a month we volunteered which is something I enjoyed

-Every six months we were given two FREE Disneyland Park hopper tickets...and at Christmas time you get an additional four on top of that, huge plus!

-they can be somewhat accommodating about working around your schedule if need be

Cons

-Unless you are a manager you will never get enough hours to support yourself. This is why I said it's a good position for someone in school.

-On the same note, there is almost no room for growth in the company.

-They require you to have "call ins" about 2 to 3 days a week on top of your already scheduled shifts. This means that the days you have call ins you can't technically make any plans because you don't know whether or not you will have to come to work that day. This is probably my biggest con.

-At my particular location, perhaps because of how small the store was, there was a lot of gossiping, even amongst the managers which I felt was very unprofessional.

Refer to cons.

78 Other Employee Reviews for Disney Store (View Most Recent)

Mission Magic

I have been working at Disney Store part-time

Pros

If you love Disney, then the discounts, givaways, and free tickets are for you. Flexible hours, nice co-workers, really nice breakroom all included.

Cons

If you don't absolutely love Disney it's not worth not being able to take time off during the blackout period (November-January), the pay barely goes up, they don't like to hire from within, so you will be training new managers that are making more money than you whose job you can do.

Magical and "Magical'

Current Employee - Cast Member in Chesterfield, MO
    Current Employee - Cast Member in Chesterfield, MO

I have been working at Disney Store part-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are a lot of fun things working for the company, such as simply just getting to talk about things in a more fun way. There are also some perks monetarily working there, but I don't usually use them. We sometimes also get free movie tickets, but not very often. The biggest perk is just that I love the people I work with for the most part.

Cons

The work schedules can be crazy. It's retail, so the hours aren't great. If you're using this job to pay your bills then that probably won't happen. As a second job and a 'fun' job, or a starting job if you're 18 or over? That would work. On call shifts are definitely going to happen and sometimes shifts are just cancelled simply because we don't reach our sales goals and we have to cut someone. Someone else stated that you have to really liked children a lot to work there, but honestly my biggest issue is with the adults. You need to be able to handle adults that will act worse than spoiled children, and you have to handle them with a smile on your face. Sometimes being that polite and that accommodating to everyone, regardless of their behavior, can be exhausting.

Honestly most of the issues with management are handled in house and there are several avenues to discuss changes. For starters, there's a manager, an assistant manager and at least two store 'leads', any of which you can go to for suggestions for them or any of the other members of staff. If you feel uncomfortable going to any of them, you can reach out to district manager or regional manager. The numbers are all listed in the break room and it's made very clear that no one can stop you from using those channels.

There are newer employer reviews for Disney Store