There are newer employer reviews for Disney Studios

The happiest place on earth (to work)

I have been working at Disney Studios

Pros

Fantastic organization, strong history and traditions. You feel the magic when you are on-site and the people are so engaging and willing to help guide you through your internship.

Cons

Not a lot of benefits! I thought we would be given full privilege to Disney benefits (park entrance, etc.) but I was mistaken.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Psychologically draining...with little mental stimulation

I have been working at Disney Studios full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Disney season pass, free screenings, the product is interesting (ie movie titles)

Cons

- office politics are absurd. Everyone is backstabbing each other and in defense mode. No one takes responsibility for anything. - one for one ratio of manager to SFA which leads to micro managing - no flexibility or appreciation....it's not a work hard play hard environment. It's a work hard and keep working culture - not treated respectfully...will give you a project at 5 pm on a Friday and expect you to complete it before going home - job is super easy and you don't have to use your brain...basically a vacation (with political stress)

Advice to Management

Start appreciating your staff members and the work they do for you. They are people, not computers.

I worked at Disney Studios

Pros

-you get to work on hollywood movies!

Cons

-like any other fast-paced workplace, there are high demands and crappy bosses -hours and workload is way too much and demanding, if you're working in VFX

Advice to Management

be easier on VFX artists