Disqus

www.disqus.com

Getting a bit long in the tooth to have so many very early (not for grownups) startup characteristics.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsEveryone is talented (read: smart) and energetic, including the non-technical team members. As with most startups this size, there are virtually no politics. There are even virtually no technical "religions" espoused by the founders, being mostly a meritocracy.

ConsPerhaps not entirely inappropriately, it's amateur hour. For someone with experience, it can be frustrating to see basic mistakes being made, like premature optimization concurrent with delaying investment in infrastructure until there's a "fire drill" every week. The facilities, lacking hot water, air conditioning, or ADA compliance, as well as administration and benefits, reflect a similar leanness of competence. The technical work is boring for all but the most junior engineers, as evidenced by a high turnover rate of the early non-founder technical employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementDelegate the less important decisions and duties. Don't take VCs' technical advice, but, rather, use their connections to other companies with experience to get that input. Focus. Communicate the big events, like financing to employees.

Amazing work environment!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Disqus

Pros: Great culture! Very friendly company and everyone is friends with each other outside… Cons: Some teams are a bit disorganized and it can be… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Awesome Start Up

Account Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

I have been working at Disqus full-time for more than a year

Pros: Mid-size team (~60) and growing, awesome work culture, company takes… Cons: Team is split between NYC and SF so sometimes it's hard to be separated from one another but upper… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Disqus.

Worked for Disqus? Contribute to the Community!