DivX

www.divx.com

DivX is a pretty great place to work if you like to manage yourself.

Product Marketing Manager (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsLots of exposure with senior management. Work closely with many different areas of the company to execute projects. Lots of responsibility, and every day is different.

ConsNot very much vision or direction. Tough to justify innovation with such a fluid business model, so often times it takes a great deal of effort to get any new project rolling even if you have ROI justification.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's OK to be wrong. Let's just start working in a direction - we can always change course once the ball is rolling but it's much harder to get things going from a standstill.

What happened?

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

I worked at DivX

Pros: Cool flexible place to work with a lot of very smart people. I'm sure a little bit of the old DivX is reminiscent,… Cons: It used to be an open and transparent place wtih lots of enthusiasm, but I think the mgmt now is too concerned with counting their… Advice to Senior Management: Start recognizing talent. You're not Sony so start moving quickly like a small nimble company. Bring back transparency. Give people some authority to make calls… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Fun place to work...

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

I have been working at DivX

Pros: The people at DivX are great to work with. Most of them are people you would enjoy spending time with outside of work. … Cons: The management only manages, they do not lead well -- there is not a strong awareness among the "general… Advice to Senior Management: Lead more. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on DivX.

Worked for DivX? Contribute to the Community!