DivX

www.divx.com

Great benefits, great team, mediocre vision and leadership in senior management.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsWe as employees get away with a lot here with all the benefits provided by DivX; sometimes almost too a point of taking it for granted. There are a lot of smart, driven, multifaceted individuals that contribute to one of the most talented teams at any company.

When we all eventually need to move on for personal growth, career growth, etc, we will realize how much we had it good.

ConsUItimately, even the best team coached poorly produces mediocrity and mediocre products. A good team needs a good visionary, a good leader, and a good mentor... sadly DivX suffers from what many other companies have too. The worst part is, as a small company, mediocrity simply pays the bills, not build a future.

Compensation is ok but by far career advancement is tough and often, showing mild favoritism. With a lack of corporate growth there just isn't anywhere to move to at the moment.

Advice to Senior ManagementHonesty, transparency.

Overall just a bad place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

I worked at DivX

Pros: - Vacation time (PTO) - 4 weeks - Casual environment - Heart… Cons: - Entirely too much politics - No chance to succeed if you are… Advice to Senior Management: Take advantage of the heart and soul of your employees - they want to see success and growth and the management does… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

A nice ride, glad its over!

Software Engineer (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

I worked at DivX

Pros: When I started DivX was still in startup mode and I found the atmosphere exciting as well as a strong software challenge. There are… Cons: When I left, it was a boring cynical place with lots of money rolling out to the executives and very little sense of what rank… Advice to Senior Management: Cash out and let someone with a real drive to succeed step in. Go jump with the golden… More
There are newer reviews on DivX.

Worked for DivX? Contribute to the Community!