There are newer employer reviews for Diversified Well Logging

Good company with good pay for those willing to do the work

Current Employee - Mudlogger Unit Supervisor in Eighty Four, PA
Current Employee - Mudlogger Unit Supervisor in Eighty Four, PA

I have been working at Diversified Well Logging full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay is excellent for the work we actually do. The job is very easy for those who are diligent in continually learning the systems and techniques.

Cons

Some very basic trouble-shooting skills are needed. May be away from home for extended periods of time, which can be hard on some people with families and friends they feel they must see every day.

reviews filtered by

My experience here has been good.

Current Employee - Unit Manager - Mud Logger in Eighty Four, PA
    Current Employee - Unit Manager - Mud Logger in Eighty Four, PA

I have been working at Diversified Well Logging full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, good benefits, travel, meeting different people

Cons

Not many But I can see how people with families wouldn't like the long hours and days away from home.

Advice to Management

Communication

2. It's Not Without Fault!

Current Employee - Unit Manager - Mud Logger in Corpus Christi, TX
    Current Employee - Unit Manager - Mud Logger in Corpus Christi, TX

I have been working at Diversified Well Logging full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay is great when compared to other mud logging companies. They pay on time and will direct deposit both your payroll and expense check on the same day (assuming you filled out the proper paperwork). You DO NOT sleep in the logging unit. The operating company will either provide you with a decent sleeping quarters or a hotel room. You will get mileage from home to the work site (usually, but not always). You WILL get mileage from the work site to the hotel if one is provided. They do benefits including health insurance, 401K, life insurance and supplemental insurance. They have a lot of work and will keep you very busy. The equipment is good, and despite what other people may say... it does work.

Cons

The pay is great, but you need to complete online safety courses on a very slow internet connection in order for you to get a raise (which they do once a year around February). While pay is great, there is NO pay scale. They might hire an experienced hand at 10+ years of experience for $14.00-$15.00 dollars an hour then turn around and hire an experienced hand with 3-5 years of experience at $15.00-$17.00 dollars per hour. It all depends on how much management likes you. It feels a little brutal when a veteran with 10+ years of experience has to train a new hire with much less experience but with better pay. Time sheets are filled out by the Unit Manager so mistakes are easily done. Mileage has been an on going issue, you might get it... you might not (you mostly do, but you can't get too comfortable.). They have health insurance... but it is extremely expensive. I believe the going rate for family health insurance coverage is $1600.00-$1800.00 of which Diversified pays half. There is not very much room for improvement, once you become a Unit Manager. While they do keep you busy, you can easily say they keep you too busy! Very little time at home is a very common problem. They might say that they will work with you in making a schedule (i.e. 14-7, 14-14, 21-7, etc.), but they hardly ever deliver.

Advice to Management

Please do not base pay solely on safety performance. An even split between safety and performance would be great. Try a little harder to work out a schedule for the loggers that are interested in working a schedule. Make a standard pay scale and STICK TO IT!

Diversified Well Logging Response

Jul 8, 2013Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with specific feedback, as it allows us to improve as a company.

I'd like to address your concerns about the pay
    ... More