Dixon Hughes Goodman

There are newer employer reviews for Dixon Hughes Goodman

I love where I work

Current Employee - Tax Associate in Memphis, TN
Current Employee - Tax Associate in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Dixon Hughes Goodman full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-The people I work with are very supportive
-There's an open door policy, and I work with and communicate with partners very often
-I'm challenged and encouraged to learn and apply what I've learned to each engagement. I don't ever feel like one mistake will make me lose my job.
-I sit down on a weekly basis to get review notes over what could be improved- it's not necessary, but my seniors and managers want me to learn
-I don't feel like I'm just another person in a crowd. DHG has the great ability of making me feel like I'm valuable and not just some android built to spit out tax returns
-I have worked on a very wide array of engagements. I was thrown into assignments right out of the gate that would be classified as senior level work

Cons

-Even though it's not so bad where I'm at, there are still office politics all over the place
-We had a lot of people leave recently

79 Other Employee Reviews for Dixon Hughes Goodman (View Most Recent)

Administration is treated very poorly

Former Employee - Firm Administration
    Former Employee - Firm Administration

I worked at Dixon Hughes Goodman full-time

Pros

Decent amount of PTO first year.

Cons

No communication at all, No training, No respect for the Administration. Management thinks you are a mind reader and their maid also. People are too lazy to clean up after themselves and treat you like a robot with no feelings.

Respect your employees and try to realize they are human. Listen to what they say rather than ignoring everything and still running the place like its 1980. No need for all the paper and need to learn to use the computer programs properly which would cut down on lots of time. The Florida office is a revolving door. Get a clue!

DHG is a Great place to work!

Current Employee - Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Dixon Hughes Goodman full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

DHG has a great culture. It's a place where people really care about your success and truly work to help you grow in your career. Benefits are great and opportunities for growth are significant.

Cons

Some times the firm is not as progressive as maybe it should be to connect with my generation. Also, there is not consistency between the offices in what they offer employees. Some offices have casual attire while others allow business dress only. Also the daily benefits such as free drinks and fun activities varies/

Be authentic! I really like the way some of the partners have begun tweeting.

There are newer employer reviews for Dixon Hughes Goodman