There are newer employer reviews for Document Technologies

Good people on the front lines - but the management is horrible!

Former Employee - Service Specialist  in  Nashville, TN
Former Employee - Service Specialist in Nashville, TN

I worked at Document Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people are friendly and easy to get along with, for the most part. The law firm I worked in was super generous in trying to treat us (being an outsourced service provider) like part of the family.

Cons

The pay and benefits are a joke. I'm not sure how anyone with a college degree and some self-motivation could ever stay at this place. The management made a whole array of decisions that seemed to make little to no sense. They hired me for a manager-on-deck position they called "Eagle Elite", then right after I began working, they demoted the site manager I was working for and made him manager-on-deck and moved a sweet but inexperienced, young girl to take his place. This move, in essence, made me a step lower on the chain as well. I confronted my manager about this and he tried to tell me that this was not the case. I found out later, talking with the new manager, that I was never put into the system as a manager-on-deck, but rather a Service Specialist. They also offered me as little money as possible, which was good, because it motivated me to get a new job as soon as I could. Seriously, this was one of the biggest jokes of a company I have ever worked for. I would avoid them like the plague.

My advice to DTI's middle and upper management is to realize that if you intend to run a service oriented operation, you need to begin treating your most valuable asset, your front line service providers (employees) much better. It is blatantly obvious that the only thing DTI's management and owners are concerned about is making bigger profits for themselves. My bonus last Christmas was so pathetic I don't even remember what it was. I CAN tell you my bonus from the company I worked for before DTI - it was $750. I am not against a company trying to make a good profit and succeed in their field, but when it is done at the cost of nickel-and-diming their front line people to death that company is sure to fail in the long wrong.

56 Other Employee Reviews for Document Technologies (View Most Recent)

A good place to build your resume to get a better job.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Document Technologies

Pros

Great intro job to build your resume, and my coworkers have been great. Most people have been very friendly and have gone above and beyond to help me learn the industry (I had no lit support experience when I started).

Several certification classes offered during the coarse of the year.

Cons

Pays employees the bottom 1% of salary range. Upper management does not care about employee moral or retention. Broken promises and "promotions" that come without raises.

Project managers here are expected to be on call 24/7/365. Recently a PM had to skip his own bachelors party because he had to work late.

There are frequent company meeting where net revenue is discussed and its always "great job guys, we are already 100% over the goal" but when reviews came around everyone in charge of raises seemed to forget that.

Terrible benefits package. 401k with no company match. Healthcare that is just as expensive as if you got it on the street (which most people do). 3 paid sick days per year. 1 week paid vacation per year for your first 2 years.

Read up on employee retention. Learn that happy employees do better work. Most people here would be happy working here if they just received more respect and compensation for doing good.

Very average place to work with very poor operational structure from CEO down

I have been working at Document Technologies full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I got a lot of good well rounded experience here. A good place to get into new projects and experience. This company is growing at a good pace. Acquisition based.

Cons

The pay was horrible and is for most employees. The C-level Suite sends a message down to every employee that they don't really care about the worker's welfare. The staff puts in tons of effort just to keep their jobs with little to no payoff. The raises are miniscule and the management isn't great. The founding partners are greedy...little work life balance. The corporate structure is very mish mash-- put together, just to ensure they are compliant. The main employment attitude from management is that you do whatever we tell you to keep your job, but we don't value the employee, so you can always just leave.

This company is really just doing what it can to aquire enough to be sold at a good price. The focus is very much not on structure or keeping the employees satisfied.

There are newer employer reviews for Document Technologies

Worked for Document Technologies? Contribute to the Community!