Best Job I have ever had

Former Employee - Playroom Attendant  in  Rockville, MD
Former Employee - Playroom Attendant in Rockville, MD

I worked at Dogtopia part-time for more than a year

Pros

The senior management teaches you more than any other place I have ever worked. We got to go to classes about management and learn way more than other places I worked at higher mgmt. You get to work around dogs all day too.

Cons

Benefits offered are just so-so but I guess that is because they still are a smaller company then other places I worked. If I got better benefits I might have been able to stay but I needed retirement savings and things like that.

I feel like I learned things that I will take on to other jobs. They were respectful even when I put in notice and I have had other places who were immediately crappy once I did so I feel they are professional. Most people who were not happy just seemed to not know what the work place is like out there which is why I saw some come back.

Other Reviews for Dogtopia

Be ready to be treated like a dog.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

I worked at Dogtopia

Pros

You get to work with dogs all day. If you love dogs, this is great.

Cons

Upper management is a bunch of liars and bullies. They (usually) pretend to be nice to your face, but then once your back is turned, or once you confront them, they show their true colors.

Grow a soul of some sort. Then it would also be good if you grew a heart.

Quit thinking employees are stupid.

If the management was different, I would have loved my job.

Former Employee - Kennel Assistant  in  Munster, IN
    Former Employee - Kennel Assistant in Munster, IN

I worked at Dogtopia

Pros

I love dogs and working with them was my dream job. I loved being in a semi-relaxed job, doing something I loved.

Cons

The management was terrible. I loved my fellow co-workers but the owners had no business owning a company the dealt with dogs.

Install some safety features to better protect the employees and the other dogs. There is no effective way (as of now) to stop a dog fight one broke out.

There are newer employer reviews for Dogtopia.

Worked for Dogtopia? Contribute to the Community!