Dolby

www.dolby.com

Dolby is living off it's past glory and is out of touch with current market realities

Senior Manager (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsReputable brand
Talented employees
Exciting industry (although Dolby is missing out on the big opportunities)
9/80 work week
San Francisco

ConsUtterly clueless exec. management team, several of whom lack the qualifications, training and experience required of their roles.
Decision making is glacially slow...by the time a decision has been reached, the market opportunity has been lost (Dolby's indecisiveness=Competitors gain)
Talent is severely underutilized...employees brought in for their past achievements & great/creative ideas and then left to "die on the vine" once they're in their job.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe CEO (and EVP Sales/Mktg) need to be replaced with experienced & talented leaders. Both have been placed in roles that are incompatible with their skill set and experience, as evidenced in Dolby's declining market share, consumer confidence and employee dissatisfaction.

Great Company - Poor Executive Leadership

Director (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

I worked at Dolby

Pros: - People are great and hardworking - 9/80 work week and… Cons: - Executive Leadership along all Functions/Department - Terrible infrastructure - NO communication -… Advice to Senior Management: This is an update as I resigned from Dolby earlier this year. Start from the bottom up. Take a look at your internal infrastructure, from… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

An interesting place to work in the midst of business transition with little change management

Finance Manager (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Dolby

Pros: Good salary Competitive benefits Interesting business with high margins Work life balance Professional improvement… Cons: Business in silos Lack of forward drive Lack of accountability Managers without training Long tenure of employees limits 'world view' No… Advice to Senior Management: Lead or get out of the way Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Dolby.

Worked for Dolby? Contribute to the Community!