Dolby
www.dolby.com San Francisco, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Under-Resourced in a Culture driven by Criticism and Distrust.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIndustry niche and company name recognition. Director level and below filled with good people who have great ideas, passion, commitment, execution and incredible self-sacrifice.

ConsSelf-Interest of paternalistic executives/senior leadership, who have a dismissive, condescending attitude towards the employees. High turnover/churn - people are treated as very disposable. Serious lack of work-life balance due to heavy workloads and resource constraints. Lots of internal pressure for the "next great product", plus infrastructure growing pains, plus re-orgs, plus churn, plus paternalistic leadership, make for a highly political, critical, and distrusting culture.

Cool company (mix of movies and technology)

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Dolby

Pros: Profitable company with worldwide presence. Culture was engineering focused and new products were being developed. Benefits package includes every other Friday off for… Cons: The company is not well known in the bay area.  I worked in finance and there is a vp that not a good person to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Very good company to work

Senior Design Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Dolby

Pros: Openmided, fair, fair compensation, proud to work here Cons: sometimes a little bit too dynamic Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Dolby.

Worked for Dolby? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dolby reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Dolby CEO Kevin J. Yeaman. All reviews posted anonymously by Dolby employees.