Dolby
www.dolby.com San Francisco, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Frustrating.

Senior Director, Business Development (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

ProsThere are some truly talented people here, and the technology is amazing. There's lots of cash in the bank, and passion around the industry we participate. Creating entertainment products and technologies is great.

ConsMost of the internal promotion is the same inexperienced leadership that keeps trying the same things, expecting different results. Dolby is bleeding the talented employees that want to make a difference, but just can't get traction with the executives.

Advice to Senior Managementreplace the VPs that aren't meeting their goals, are alienating the good employees, and blame the market on their failures. Promote the people that actually get things done and have the big ideas.

Not what it once was, still better than most

Senior Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Dolby full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Many creative and talented employees, especially engineers Great benefits, Insurance, 401K… Cons: Senior management is all new since the IPO – not from audio/entertainment industry Dolby is still struggling to transition… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to employees Focus more on enabling engineering and keep engineers… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great Atmosphere

San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Dolby

Pros: Excellent Atmopshere. Great energy. Fantastic People! Cons: Employee Sensitivity. Diffiicult to manage without stepping on people toes… More
There are newer reviews on Dolby.

Worked for Dolby? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dolby reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Dolby CEO Kevin J. Yeaman. All reviews posted anonymously by Dolby employees.