Dole Food

www.dole.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Dole Food

I worked in IT, and was given plenty of opportunities and independence to learn and grow.

I worked at Dole Food

Pros

The people are very professional, motivated, and well managed. It seemed that the executive and management team had the experience and charisma to properly lead by example.

Cons

The department I worked in was very lean and short staffed, so I was not allowed to take any time off the first year. That fact, along with the long hours and periodic micro management, did not instill confidence that my superiors would reward my hard work.

Having a better work life balance will increase employees' work productivity, and their retention rate. Overall, giving a little more freedom will empower people to work more efficiently.

25 Other Employee Reviews for Dole Food (View Most Recent)

Overworked-underpaid

Current Employee - Research Coordinator in Davao (Philippines)
    Current Employee - Research Coordinator in Davao (Philippines)

I have been working at Dole Food

Pros

Good Training, with a lot of exposure to all aspects of operations, international experience, good benefits package

Cons

low pay, overworked, no clear career plan, no succession planning

rethink employee compensation package, a lot of brain-drain is already happening

Loved the company.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Dole Food full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The company is all about great quality food and sustainability. The people I worked with were great.

Cons

The owner, David Murdock is well past his prime, yet he doesn't seem to know it or what to believe it. He's sends the management team and ultimately the staff on one chase after another instead of allow the company to do what it does best and that is to focus on great products and improving efficiency of all related processes.

Encourage Murdock to retire. Get DeLorenzo back!

There are newer employer reviews for Dole Food