Dole Food

Must be willing to drink the Kool Aid

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Monterey, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Monterey, CA

I have been working at Dole Food

Pros

Corporate culture of honesty and even handedness that I support. Healthy products I can believe in. Senior management at DFV has made good on its promises and has a clear direction. The employees are dedicated and contientious.

Cons

Recent culture of overworking many employees to bring down costs. Long term burnout and poor decision making are starting to show. Middle managment in my dept. seems unfocused and incapable of making and sticking to a decision.

Start to consider the long term effects the current cost cutting has on employee ability to make good decisions and on burnout. Focus on training and retaining employees and bringing up their skills rather than outsourcing or 'hiring' competence.

24 Other Employee Reviews for Dole Food (View Most Recent)

Poor Management of a Great Brand Name

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Dole Food

Pros

- Location - you can't go wrong being in the Santa Monica Mountains and 10 miles north of Malibu.
    - Work Life balance is nice because I live close to work, not the same story for my coworkers.
    - Nice building to work in.

Cons

- Company expects brand name to carry it to success.
    - Management doesn't financially support the growth of the brand.
    - Most employees work here because it is in the location they want to live.
    - Very inefficient.
    - Reactionary vs. visionary company.
    - Focused on stuffing ourselves into a niche that hinders financial growth.
    - No leadership development resulting in some key leadership positions being filled with incompetent leaders
    - No true accountability or execution.
    - Uninspiring
    - California is beautiful but expensive, especially when we haven’t received a bonus for the past number of years in order to pay down company debt

Understand that people will make or break a company. Dole is a great brand, but it is deteriorating because of the middle management. Some Key Managers in the habit of using band-aids to hide their own poor decisions and weaknesses.

dole food

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Dole Food

Pros

there are few lay offs and high level of security. most jobs are not challenging or stressful, get free fruit

Cons

no opportunites to grow, no innovation, very backwards and old fashion, not a lot of training opportunites offered, only senior management has a say in what goes on , no flex time schedules or work from home options (in practice, theory maybe)

get with the times! employee satisfaction and work life balanace leds to a great success for the company, work with people and their lives/desire

There are newer employer reviews for Dole Food