There are newer employer reviews for Dollar General

one of the worst jobs i've ever had

Current Employee - Cashier/Sales Associate in Natrona, PA
Current Employee - Cashier/Sales Associate in Natrona, PA

I have been working at Dollar General part-time (More than a year)

Pros

the customers are honestly the best part. i love meeting new people and having conversations with them. if it wasn't for my manager, i'd love my job.

Cons

manager creates your schedule on whether you make her angry the week before or not. she has also stolen merchandise, has left milk out on the sales floor to spoil, and is continually rude to customers. she is very condescending.

Advice to Management

seriously listen to the complaints by employees. we called many times about our manager and NOTHING was done, but was told it was going to be "investigated". your company is corrupt and it needs to be fixed.

Other Employee Reviews for Dollar General

I loved my job.Had i been treated better,and fairly,i would happily still be working there.

Former Employee - Stocker/Cashier in Sharon, TN
    Former Employee - Stocker/Cashier in Sharon, TN

I worked at Dollar General part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It was a new, much needed store in our small town.Most employees were new & we were very proud of how clean & orderly our store was.Most worked very will together,helped each other.Our customers commented on how much neater our store was than others in the area.

Cons

The workload should be shared equally & fairly.It is anything but. I was fired,and it was determined by unemployment that I had done nothing wrong. Though it appears that I have been blackballed now.

Advice to Management

If you are going to hold cashiers responsible for the money in their cash drawer, LET THEM COUNT IT !! I know this is all on video,but there is no camera going through the breakroom to get to the office.Any management person can take money from a drawer!

2. Increase Sales! Protect company assets!

Former Employee - Store Manager in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Omaha, NE

I worked at Dollar General full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of oppurtunity for growth Good Training Large Company

Cons

Customer complaints can end a career external shrink will not be taken seriously Daily processes are not reasonable for some stores

Advice to Management

Be prepared for long hours and small payrolls.