Dollar General

www.dollargeneral.com

one of the worst jobs i've ever had

Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) Natrona, PA

Prosthe customers are honestly the best part. i love meeting new people and having conversations with them. if it wasn't for my manager, i'd love my job.

Consmanager creates your schedule on whether you make her angry the week before or not. she has also stolen merchandise, has left milk out on the sales floor to spoil, and is continually rude to customers. she is very condescending.

Advice to Senior Managementseriously listen to the complaints by employees. we called many times about our manager and NOTHING was done, but was told it was going to be "investigated". your company is corrupt and it needs to be fixed.

I loved my job.Had i been treated better,and fairly,i would happily still be working there.

Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee) Sharon, TN

I worked at Dollar General part-time for less than a year

Pros: It was a new, much needed store in our small town.Most employees were new & we were very proud of how clean &… Cons: The workload should be shared equally & fairly.It is anything but. I was fired,and it was determined… Advice to Senior Management: If you are going to hold cashiers responsible for the money in their cash drawer, LET THEM COUNT IT !! I know this is… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Avoid at all costs

Store Manager (Former Employee) Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Dollar General full-time for more than a year

Pros: Dollar General stores serve all walks of life. Cons: Where do I begin. Payroll is always an issue. Store Managers are given enough hours to have maybe three employees working per day. My store… Advice to Senior Management: Honestly, I have no advice. They know what they are… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Dollar General.

Worked for Dollar General? Contribute to the Community!