Dollar General

www.dollargeneral.com
  www.dollargeneral.com
There are newer employer reviews for Dollar General

Good for illegals and high school dropouts. Unrealistic expectations.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Dollar General part-time (less than an year)

Pros

it pays...something.
You get to wear black jeans.

Cons

Im convinced if they could get away with paying less than minimum wage they would.
Management is totally disorganized.
Employees are treated like criminals. 70% of shrink is caused by employees they say. While real customer theft is basically ignored.
Schedule is not posted untill one day, sometimes only hours before your shift.
If you work at breakneck speed, risking injurty, ignoring customers, and never taking breaks, then you will still not get done whats expected of you.
Took a month to get my first pay check.
Will complentent you one day for doing so well, then treaten to cut your hours the next day for not doing the impossible.

Get real!

1168 Other Employee Reviews for Dollar General (View Most Recent)

Not employee friendly

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Cocoa, FL
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Cocoa, FL

I worked at Dollar General full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

some of the people you got to meet.

Cons

They think all employees are thieves. I had gotten hurt on the job. Paid all my own medical myself. Did not go on workers comp. Gave managament 2 months notice that I was not coming back. 2 years later thinking I did every thing right found out I had been black listed.

To the DM and RM you have good employees working for you. Do not work your people into a grave. Like so many that I know that are on disabilty because of over work pulling 16 + hour shifts because of cut hours. Take care of the people and they will take care of the company.

I loved my job.Had i been treated better,and fairly,i would happily still be working there.

Former Employee - Stocker/Cashier in Sharon, TN
    Former Employee - Stocker/Cashier in Sharon, TN

I worked at Dollar General part-time (less than an year)

Pros

It was a new, much needed store in our small town.Most employees were new & we were very proud of how clean & orderly our store was.Most worked very will together,helped each other.Our customers commented on how much neater our store was than others in the area.

Cons

The workload should be shared equally & fairly.It is anything but. I was fired,and it was determined by unemployment that I had done nothing wrong. Though it appears that I have been blackballed now.

If you are going to hold cashiers responsible for the money in their cash drawer, LET THEM COUNT IT !! I know this is all on video,but there is no camera going through the breakroom to get to the office.Any management person can take money from a drawer!

There are newer employer reviews for Dollar General