Dollar General

www.dollargeneral.com
  www.dollargeneral.com
There are newer employer reviews for Dollar General

I have learned so much, I have exceeded expectations, but my stress level is through the roof

Current Employee - Store Manager in San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - Store Manager in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Dollar General full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Room for advancement. Dollar General gave me opportunities when others would not. I will forever be grateful for the experience.

Cons

The expectations at store level are too high. I agree we need a model store with an excellent in stock position, however, by giving just a little more labor to these stores the level of stress and failure will reduce. I understand the cost of labor and the reasons for keeping a tight reign on it. But its just too much. I believe all members of management should be working 37-29 hours each, and not just on a register. We store managers want so much to be able to accomplish the tasks. Management, all levels, are always on register not completing the tasks given. Then they are stressed so much they quit. I have seen a lot of good and bad managers. I am one of the good ones. I believe in this company. But I think my days are numbered. I need a better work/life balance. I need to be able to go home and be mom and wife sometimes. My husband is sick of hearing about Dollar General.

Management at store level needs more support from corporate management. We are the face of the company, give a little....get a lot!

1162 Other Employee Reviews for Dollar General (View Most Recent)

Manager Position

Current Employee - Project Manager in Baker, LA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Baker, LA

I have been working at Dollar General full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Not to many pros because you are constantly busting your behind for little pay. Cannot name any pros.

Cons

Underpaid, too much work little pay.

Somedays better than others

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Dollar General full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Small enough to run the whole store without it getting away from you, much easier to manage a staff of six or less.

Cons

They don't give you enough payroll budget to staff your store properly so you can achieve the many daily tasks they require of you. So the salaried managers are getting paid for 40 hours and are putting in closer to 60 weekly.

Give us a little more budget to have more than one person at the store most of the day, help us curb the theft in the store by installing more working cameras in the stores. Thieves can see the dead spots in the store.

There are newer employer reviews for Dollar General