Dollar General

www.dollargeneral.com

We think a lot of ourselves. Sorry if the company treats you like crap. We were busy serving others....

Director (Current Employee) Goodlettsville, TN

ProsStrong business performance (until this quarter), many nice people at HQ; If you're an executive, you're doing really well. Just look at the 30 or 40 $100k+ cars in the first level of the parking garage. Must be nice.

Love the parking garages at work. Beautiful vistas from the HQ buildings look into nothing special, but they're beautifully placed on the ridge

ConsThen there's the rest of us.

As you'll see, DG does not pay very well.

The company values mean nothing beyond words. There are lots of company politics, lying, cheating and playing games with the livelihood of the employees and all the contractors we work to death.

DG is also very reluctant to promote minorities/gays/women into upper levels of management.

It feels to me like a lot of the inclusive messages in the office are really just mandates from or cover against the latest lawsuit from an employee. We seem to have a new lawsuit every year. We treat our employees like our customers. Disposable labor, next in line.

No flex time. No working from home. Butt in chair at 7 or 8AM. No time for a life outside work.

Advice to Senior ManagementServing others=screwing poor people and patting ourselves on the back about how sad their lives are. It's so pious for such a secular, immoral group of "leaders." Egotistical, rich, and out of touch are 3 ways to describe senior "leaders" (a.k.a. the old white guy's club).

DG= $16B, Walmart $465B

Don't buy into the hype. We act like a small town dollar store because that's what we are. That's all it'll ever be, unless you're one of the execs. Rick Dreiling made $16,000,000 last year. Way to go Dick.

A lot of work for not a lot of money.

Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at Dollar General part-time

Pros: Easy to talk to HR. Easy to understand logistics. Cons: Too much workload for one person. Not enough employees. Store is dirty and you have zero time to clean… Advice to Senior Management: Make sure that stores are hiring the right amount of people. There are supposed to be 6 more… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Not worth the pay

Store Manager (Former Employee) Elmira, NY

I worked at Dollar General full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: It's not a really hard job. And Co-workers are usually… Cons: Low pay Payroll keeps going down while workload keeps going up No… Advice to Senior Management: Ask your managers what they need to run their store,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Dollar General.

Worked for Dollar General? Contribute to the Community!