Dollar General
www.dollargeneral.com Goodlettsville, TN 5000+ Employees

It is a good company to work for but I feel they don't care about the lower management.

Store Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Dollar General full-time for more than 8 years

ProsI love the customers and the employees that are in my store. I like the improvements they are making but it seems that they are just to save themselves a buck, not make our jobs easier or more effective.

ConsExtremely long hours. Not enough time to spend with family and friends. With only 1 day off a week its hard to even get day to day things done. I am salary so they can use us whenever they want. They keep cutting our hours for our hourly employees and still expect us to get more done but with less help.

Advice to Senior Managementquit being so cheap and give us some hours to take care of our stores and our customers.

Worst Experience in retail

Store Manager (Former Employee)
North Little Rock, AR

I worked at Dollar General full-time for more than a year

Pros: Pay is every week. And informative training classes Cons: Workload and the shipment process. Stores in bad neighborhoods. Too many vendors in and out of the store, and your payroll allows you 1… Advice to Senior Management: take another look at a way to fix your inventory… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Horrible

Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

I worked at Dollar General part-time for less than a year

Pros: The customers and their energy Cons: Management,the Pay, and no off days No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Dollar General.

Worked for Dollar General? Contribute to the Community!

Dollar General – Why Work for Us?

Dollar General is an exciting place these days. Not only is the shopping experience the best it has ever been, our rapid growth has created tremendous career opportunities throughout the company. DG employees find… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dollar General reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Dollar General CEO Rick Dreiling. All reviews posted anonymously by Dollar General employees.