Dollar General

www.dollargeneral.com
  www.dollargeneral.com
There are newer employer reviews for Dollar General

Worst company to work ever.

Former Employee - Lead Sales Associate in Virginia, MN
Former Employee - Lead Sales Associate in Virginia, MN

I worked at Dollar General full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There are no pros about this company.

Cons

Worst company, I ever worked for. They don't care about the employees nor the customers. The ever mighty greed.

Learn how to treat the employees and customer service. They say 70 percent of shrink is by employees, which is garbage. We have caught lots of customers stealing. If you can't trust the employees that you hire , might not have a business. They need better wages and better affordable health care. Very expensive health benefits. They couldn't even pay the show plow company last winter in 2012. Very cheap and very irresponsible.

1169 Other Employee Reviews for Dollar General (View Most Recent)

Assistant Manager

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Seven Lakes, NC
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Seven Lakes, NC

I have been working at Dollar General full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great employees and customers to work with

Cons

Managerment doesn't communicate to other employees

Training and open door policy needs improvement

Sales Associate - an honest review

Current Employee - Associate in Breckinridge, KY
    Current Employee - Associate in Breckinridge, KY

I have been working at Dollar General part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I get to work and help contribute to society (my community) while earning a paycheck. Challenging work to build my confidence through what I accomplish! Work and reach goals; end with high productivity results. Opportunity to advance and excel in other rewarding positions.

Cons

Working with whiners who think they can get something for nothing and are not willing to be a team player! With such a large applicant pool available, I do not understand why they are employed by any company whatsoever! If you want welfare, apply for it, but don't ask for a job and then whine and complain when you get it! I hate cry babies who think they should receive special treatment because their mama kept them in diapers until they were old enough to collect social security! If you think the original owner of DG din't work his tail off for what he built you are a dipwad! If you want to succeed you have to work for it, otherwise play more lotto and apply for welfare and allow those who want to succeed to avoid less obstacles, like yourself! People who attempt to meet what are perceived to be impossible goals are regularly high achievers! For those who feel they have been discriminated against and not evaluated for your work ethic; have you done a self-assessment? In my experience most people screaming discrimination are almost always the discriminator. Bottom line in any court; what's your proof? As a plaintiff you have the burden of proof in any civil suit.
    If you are a lazy worm, do not apply! Also do not bring up a problem without offering a possible solution that makes sense; it's what professional people do! For the thieves, STOP stealing, you are a thief and I hope you go to prison when you are caught!

Continue to reward those who set high goals and achieve them! Keep the cameras rolling, I think this is the best idea yet in any retail setting.
    Look into making Assistant managers salaried with a minimum/maximum hours to be worked within the week and having them share some of the managers work load. After all, is that not what an assistant does? This would take care of the 40 hr per week limitation and possibly extend it to 45 or 50 with a max of 60 for assistants. This would help prepare them for a GM role and would balance some of the time for the GM work / home life ratio as well.

There are newer employer reviews for Dollar General