Dollar General

www.dollargeneral.com

Why Dollar General is a good place to work.

Store Manager (Current Employee) Janesville, WI

ProsExcellent 401K plan: After 1 year employees are matched dollar for dollar up to 13%, AND employees are fully vested after 1 year. Health Insurace after 30 days: health care and dental is even offered to part time employees. A less expensive plan is offered after 6 months. Flexable scheduling. Dollar General currently has special grants for Disaster assistance and grants for college.

ConsOpen on most holidays, working 6 days per week

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow store manager to have off 2 days per week, so long as they work their commited hours. This would make balancing an employee's personal life a lot easier, thus reducing "burn out".

Typical Corporate Machine that undervalues its human resources.

Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) Ohio (Australia)

I have been working at Dollar General part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Our store manager is one of the hardest-working people I have ever met, and is the reason… Cons: Where to begin...Work hours are regularly cut, leaving too much work for the two people per shift (a manager and cashier), no support system for… Advice to Senior Management: Unline your corporate pockets and dole out some support to your stores, provide incentives for employees to experience success in a competitive environment. Most of… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Manager

I have been working at Dollar General full-time

Pros: Able to learn different areas in the DC Cons: Not a lot of room for growth Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Dollar General.

Worked for Dollar General? Contribute to the Community!