Decent part-time job

Current Employee - Sales Associate
Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Dollar General part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with, so it's who you end up with. The workload is multitasking, but use your common sense. Also, it's not bad to ask for help from time to time from co-workers. This job is sort of demanding at first, but people just get used to it. Not sure which I like better, the opening shift or the closing shift. I hear you get paid weekly, but the weekly pay at first is bi-weekly if through direct deposit. It's great as long as your employers and co-workers are nice, just like any other job.

Cons

Just juggling two things at once. You also get your disgruntled customers who just hurl insults at you. Not much benefits for this part time job.

Advice to Management

Just separate responsibilities for people.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Nice at first but I now feel worthless and unappreciated.

I have been working at Dollar General

Pros

I love almost everyone I work with and you do get paid weekly but thats it!

Cons

Where to start? Well first of all I was written up for not being fast enough when it came to putting the truck away when I was doing 3-4 rolltainers away. If thats not fast enough, what is? Secondly, there are supposed to be 4 keyholders, there are only 3 in this store which means I dont remember the last Friday or Saturday I had off. The store is way to small and we have no where to put our ungodly amount of over stock but the dms doesn't realize that which means he comes down on my manager which mean she comes down on me for not being fast enough again....so my third thing our dms wants me demoted because I dont put enough inventory away WHEN IT HAS NO WHERE TO GO!

Advice to Management

You need to rethink how you treat your employees, no wonder you can't keep most of them for more than a few months

One of the best companies to work for in Nashville

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Goodlettsville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Goodlettsville, TN

I have been working at Dollar General full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Dollar General Embraces new technology and is not afraid to try to implement anything that will help grow business. They also know their customer very well and concentrate their growth to appeal to that customer base.

Cons

There are some political issues with upper management. This is shielded from most employees and is to be expected with a fast growing large environment like this one.

Advice to Management

Give more weight to employees and less weight to vendors when making technology decisions.