Dollar General

www.dollargeneral.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Dollar General

I Loved the job I had until I moved to Yuma Az. Me and the store manager didn't get along that well.

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Dollar General full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company will work with your needs and the employees do work well together.

Cons

And some of the Manager are not team players , some of the work is not shared equally among each others.

The DM's should listen to the employees instead of going back to the store manager and telling them what was said about them but all the DM's are not like this.

1289 Other Employee Reviews for Dollar General (View Most Recent)

Love this Store!!

Current Employee - Lead Sales Associate in Goldsboro, NC
    Current Employee - Lead Sales Associate in Goldsboro, NC

I have been working at Dollar General full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have had 3 Store Managers and they have all been great to work for, they give set job duties and support their sales associates. I have found they support balance of work/home life and always try to promote from within.

Cons

Upper management tend to be distant in their relations with employees and have an attitude that majority of store shrinkage comes from within which is insulting.

Wages could be higher with the amount of work we do and maybe bonus incentives to help increase sales, a happy employee is a productive employee :)

Heavy Work Load, A lot of responsibility

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Dollar General full-time

Pros

Fast pace, time goes by very quickly. It's fun interacting with customers. Pretty good benefits package for a discount retailer.

Cons

Heavy work load, relatively low pay for the amount of responsibility. Poor training. Individual experience will vary based on store manager and district manager style. Not much support from upper management.

Training needs serious improvement, they train people inadequately then write them up when mistakes are made. Very unfair. My requests for better training have been denied by store manager. Managers should be more open to suggestions from employees. Better support would equal better productivity.

There are newer employer reviews for Dollar General