Dollar General

www.dollargeneral.com
  www.dollargeneral.com
There are newer employer reviews for Dollar General

A working environment with an extreme focus on cost control and performance

Former Employee - Manager
Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Dollar General

Pros

The basic benefits were good, but the fringe benefits were better. During my tenure, I received stock options and a team share bonus in addition to my salary every year. The bonus were based on a percentage of your salary.

Cons

The distribution center I worked at engaged in a lot of clique activity. This was my greatest obstacle. However, it is my understanding that much of this activity has been dismantled by corporate office.

All DC's in the network should operate in the same manner regardless of who the building director is. Corporate should come down sometimes to conduct employee satisfaction surveys. These surveys should also include the feedback from the first level management personnel. Secondly, please investigate any activities that seem legally questionable immediatedly. This will help retentions efforts immensely.

1168 Other Employee Reviews for Dollar General (View Most Recent)

An alright place to work, if you are able to commit your entire life to DG...

Current Employee - Lead Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Lead Sales Associate

I have been working at Dollar General

Pros

Good benefits, insurance + 401k. Given the proper drive and ability to follow DG guidelines and apply yourself to them, promotions/raises can be acheived fairly quickly.

Cons

Unfortunately, there's lots of stress imposed on all employees. Lack of communication between senior management members and lower management/sales associates is also a serious issue, and many managers seem to not want to stick to DG guidelines and the SOP.

Communicate!!! Don't be afraid to lean on the rest of your management team when you need it.

Rewarding, but very hard work to keep everything working on the same page

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Dollar General

Pros

advancement
    health benefits
    good environment
    senior mangament willing to help
    growing company and pride along with it

Cons

low pay
    not much down time
    not everyone on the same page

There are newer employer reviews for Dollar General