Dollar General

www.dollargeneral.com

A working environment with an extreme focus on cost control and performance

Manager (Former Employee)

ProsThe basic benefits were good, but the fringe benefits were better. During my tenure, I received stock options and a team share bonus in addition to my salary every year. The bonus were based on a percentage of your salary.

ConsThe distribution center I worked at engaged in a lot of clique activity. This was my greatest obstacle. However, it is my understanding that much of this activity has been dismantled by corporate office.

Advice to Senior ManagementAll DC's in the network should operate in the same manner regardless of who the building director is. Corporate should come down sometimes to conduct employee satisfaction surveys. These surveys should also include the feedback from the first level management personnel. Secondly, please investigate any activities that seem legally questionable immediatedly. This will help retentions efforts immensely.

An alright place to work, if you are able to commit your entire life to DG...

Lead Sales Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at Dollar General

Pros: Good benefits, insurance + 401k. Given the proper drive and ability to follow… Cons: Unfortunately, there's lots of stress imposed on all employees. Lack of communication between senior management members and lower management/sales associates… Advice to Senior Management: Communicate!!! Don't be afraid to lean on the rest of… More

Rewarding, but very hard work to keep everything working on the same page

Store Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Dollar General

Pros: advancement health benefits good environment senior mangament willing to help growing company and pride… Cons: low pay not much down time not everyone on the same page Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Dollar General.

Worked for Dollar General? Contribute to the Community!