Dollar Thrifty Automotive
www.dtag.com Tulsa, OK 5000+ Employees

Opine of Rental Sales Agent

RSA (Current Employee)
Daytona Beach, FL

ProsFun, sometimes hectic other times very slow; good for someone who likes to work with public, most customers are tourist on vacation & in positive mind state.

ConsMgmt & trainers completely oversold income/commission potential. I am earning min wage/hr plus average of $300-$400/mth commission checks. YOU CAN EARN MORE $$$$ IF....... you want to lie/dupe/mislead customers. They state job performance is half sales dollars & half customer service reviews - BUT as long as sales are high, they could care less about customer reviews. Was told they would rotate holiday hours/days yet I worked Thanksgiving, Xmas Eve, Xmas day, NY Eve & NY day.

Advice to Senior Managementonsite manager does not interact nor observe employees at counter, completely relies on sales reports & CEI scores to manage all RSA's. Regional Manager sporadically pops in and due to work schedule you could go days without interacting with manager except for maybe emails.

Great place to work at

Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee)
    San Diego, CA

I worked at Dollar Thrifty Automotive full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good work ambient, very satisfying ambient Cons: Only full-time positions, cons for students. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

This company wants you to lie to customers

Counter Agent (Former Employee)
    Louisville, KY

I worked at Dollar Thrifty Automotive full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good benefits, good 401 K and health Cons: Low pay, they do not tell you when you interview you have to work, nights (after midnight), holidays and weekends. Company management… Advice to Senior Management: How would you like someone to steal from the. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Dollar Thrifty Automotive.

Worked for Dollar Thrifty Automotive? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dollar Thrifty Automotive reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Dollar Thrifty Automotive CEO Mark P. Frissora. All reviews posted anonymously by Dollar Thrifty Automotive employees.