There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Thrifty Automotive

Hopeful

Current Employee - Training Manager
Current Employee - Training Manager

I have been working at Dollar Thrifty Automotive full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The group of people working in my area are amazing! There is a family sense of teamwork and working towards a similar goal. Having a vehicle as part of my compensation package is definitely a huge plus!! My job requires frequent travel and I enjoy getting to know employees throughout the US and Canada.
The Hertz/DTAG merger brings various opportunities for the motivated professional who is passionate about their work. It will be nice working for a global industry leader with the resources to position the brands effectively.

Cons

Unfortunately, there is an unequitable trend at DTAG. Director level positions are usually granted to those who are in the "good ol boys" club (this includes women). It becomes concerning when your supervisor does not understand the fundementals of your department. I see this in various areas. However, I am hopeful that the Hertz team will select qualified and professional people to lead our new company.
Next, my team has not received a pay increase or performance review in over 5 years. This is extremely discouraging. As a member of the HR team, I would have thought our department valued the importance of performance feedback.
The message from upper level management is not consistent when it comes to communication.

Please develop your director level staff to professionally manage a team. This includes communication, strategic thinking, leadership skills and development planning.

105 Other Employee Reviews for Dollar Thrifty Automotive (View Most Recent)

A good place to gain experience in a corporate environment.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Dollar Thrifty Automotive full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- Flexible scehdule's (in some departments)
    - Corporate atmosphere
    - Looks good on resume'
    - Close to the highway

Cons

-Below average pay
    -no promotion opportunities within departments
    -No raises, the only way to get compensated extra is to get promoted.
    -possible Layoffs due to the Hertz merger.
    -Expensive benefits

Appreciate your employees. Despite what you think, they are the reason you made record profits the past two years. Share the wealth, don't just hoard your money to look more attractive for a buyout.

Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group was fantastic as a stand alone company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Dollar Thrifty Automotive full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Worked with some of the best people possible - strong entrepreneurial spirit, fighters, and great team workers. Everyone was open to new ideas and using technology to solve problems.

Cons

There were technology issues and things didn't move fast enough. Now Going through a merger, unknowns all around and cultures seem vastly different.

There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Thrifty Automotive