Dollar Thrifty Automotive

www.dtag.com
There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Thrifty Automotive

Headline

I worked at Dollar Thrifty Automotive

Pros

Fair company to work for.

Cons

Salary employees are worked to death.

Listen.

110 Other Employee Reviews for Dollar Thrifty Automotive (View Most Recent)

If your not a good liar this is not the company for you.

Former Employee - Field Management
    Former Employee - Field Management

I worked at Dollar Thrifty Automotive

Pros

Dollar Thrifty used to be a great place to work. Benfits were great until 2009 change over. There is some great talent in the field and HQ!

Cons

Started to go downhill just before Mr. Paxton left. Promotions were almost always determined in advance. New job postings would appear on the job board and then disappear less than an hour later. Communication about the big picture for steering the company was never shared. Dollar Thrifty is a "Do as your told, and don't ask questions" company. The very talented employees are taken advantage of and the discarded to the street with ease, while the underachievers fly under the radar.

Stop the culture of BS and lies to the Board. Tell them the truth so that they can make good informed decisions and see how they react. Let the shareholders hold the Board accountable based on truths.

Pretty Good

Former Employee - Greeter in Boise, ID
    Former Employee - Greeter in Boise, ID

I worked at Dollar Thrifty Automotive part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I worked here for the time I was in college, they worked with my schedule. I could have probably had limited advancement but really it was a college job.

Cons

Time off policies, I tried to get time off to go and meet with my then future in-laws over Christmas. The managers would not let me have Christmas off, I had been with the company for three years so it was not a seniority issue, like a grade school drug education program they just said no. At some point somebody stole a GPS unit while I was working for them and they blamed me so I had to fill out a Security Breach form. The GPS showed up two months later, another employee had stolen it and felt guilty, the managers would not take the security breach off of my record. The managers kept me just under the minimum to not provide me with benefits but would have me train all the new employees.

Give time off over Holidays, don't make everyone feel worthless. Trust your employees, and when and if something like a GPS shows up that keeps a record of where it has been look at the record and if you have wrongly mad someone sign paperwork, fix the issue, fix it like it was you who had been wronged.

There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Thrifty Automotive