Dollar Thrifty Automotive
www.dtag.com Tulsa, OK 5000+ Employees

Very disappointing management style

Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at Dollar Thrifty Automotive

ProsThey do promote a good balance between personal and work life. They are good about permitting time off when needed. There are a lot of great people in the field that work really hard and want the best for the clients.

ConsThe management style is very condescending. They don't have any respect for your overall knowledge and any new ideas are highly discouraged. There is a "we have never done it that way mentality". They do not empower their people to make any of their own decisions and micromanage the entire process. Any new ideas or best practices are dismissed immediately and after you are there for a couple months you get to the point that you don't even try anymore because of the negative response bringing any ideas to the table gets you.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have a lot of very talented people working for you. Ask them what their challenges are in a way that allows them to be honest and listen to them. Moral is very low on the sales team and the overall feeling is that no one cares.

Headline

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Dollar Thrifty Automotive

Pros: Fair company to work for. Cons: Salary employees are worked to death. Advice to Senior Management: Listen. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

If your not a good liar this is not the company for you.

Field Management (Former Employee)

I worked at Dollar Thrifty Automotive

Pros: Dollar Thrifty used to be a great place to work. Benfits were great… Cons: Started to go downhill just before Mr. Paxton left. Promotions were almost always determined in advance. New job postings would appear on the job board… Advice to Senior Management: Stop the culture of BS and lies to the Board. Tell them the truth so that they can… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Dollar Thrifty Automotive.

Worked for Dollar Thrifty Automotive? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dollar Thrifty Automotive reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Dollar Thrifty Automotive CEO Mark P. Frissora. All reviews posted anonymously by Dollar Thrifty Automotive employees.