There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree

Good Place to Start

Current Employee - Logistics Analyst  in  Chesapeake, VA
Current Employee - Logistics Analyst in Chesapeake, VA

I have been working at Dollar Tree

Pros

Company is doing really well in this economy and continues to grow. Good job security.

Cons

Not much room for growth. Once you become a Senior Analyst you're stuck there. Not much communication between management and analysts. Very low morale.

Better communication about projects going on in the department. Give employees a better understanding about their career track within Dollar Tree.

574 Other Employee Reviews for Dollar Tree (View Most Recent)

Great for a first job

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Cashier in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Dollar Tree

Pros

The store management is very friendly and laid back. Easy to get a day off or a week off if you need it. Every day is interesting.

Cons

It's my first job, got it during my senior year of high school, so the pay of course is only ten cents above minimum wage. You don't really have any control over the hours you get scheduled, so I often have to call my manager at the beginning of the week to let her know about conflicts with my class schedule; though she is always happy to accomodate it. The job gets a little repetitive and tedious at times. You can get fired for listening to music.

Let people have more control over the hours they work. And for goodness sake play some music. At least during Christmas season.

The best job I've had in 25 years......

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager  in  Charlottesville, VA
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Charlottesville, VA

I have been working at Dollar Tree

Pros

My store manager is the GREATEST....... She is always there for me and she takes time to answer my silly questions or give feedback when I ask.....
    People I work with are the BEST...... I am the newest member of our team, but everyone treats me like part of the family.....makes going to work so nice.......thanks..,...

Cons

The biggest downfall of this position is definately the salary. I do understand it's just a Dollar Store, but I do work extremely hard EVERY DAY......It should at least be comparible in the economy we live.

From what I've seen so far, the management staff at our store could use a pick me up. We do work very hard and it seems it;s always without even a simple thanks.....it would go a long way. We are not perfect by any means, but every day we do try our best......

There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree

Worked for Dollar Tree? Contribute to the Community!