There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree

They treat their managers horribly, put in a ton of hours for little salary, and bonuses are imperviable.

Former Employee - Store Manager in Orlando, FL
Former Employee - Store Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at Dollar Tree

Pros

You don't have to wear a dress shirt and tie, just a green polo. No price checks, because everything is a dollar or less.

Cons

Impossible to keep a staple items in stock. You work a ton of hours for very little salary compensation. I put in over 100 hours two weeks in a row, because of an assistant manager being out sick. Not even my district manager could get other stores to help out with a manager to fill in. So that meant many days working 6:30am-10:30pm. And the "bonus" guidelines are set up so that they are nearly impossible to achieve.

Advice to Management

You get what you pay for with employees. When you can only start associates out at minimum wage (even with experience), do you really expect outstanding productivity??

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

The Dollar tree has little respect for its employees

Current Employee - Save Yourself Sime Time and Find Work Elsewhere! in Hermiston, OR

I have been working at Dollar Tree

Pros

The Dollar Tree would be a good place to start out. (A first job)

Cons

They have little repsect for their employees
    Managers start off making only about 50 cents more than their employees which is a slap in the face becuase we are responsible for every thing
    Most employees can only expect 4-10 hours per week (or less)
    They think all their employees are stealing from them and search your bags at night
    The higher managment lacks communication skills and they do not treat their employees with respect
    You can expect to get hardly any raises
    Not much room for advancement

Advice to Management

You need to start treating your employees with respect and pay them what they deserve. Especially the assistant manager who do most of the work!

It's an okay place to work, but definitely not the best.

Current Employee - Cashier in Lorton, VA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Lorton, VA

I have been working at Dollar Tree

Pros

Dollar tree can be a very exciting and fast paced company with great employees. Some of the managers are phenomenal and the work can be exciting.

Cons

The pay at dollar tree is horrible in comparison to the amount of work they expect you to do. At my location, I've had 4 managers and they all treated the employees with no respect.

Advice to Management

Management needs to do a better job at treating employees with respect, raises need to be given on time, the pay needs to be higher unless you all reduce the amount of work that is supposed to be done.