There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree

The experience has not been very good.

Current Employee - Cashier in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Cashier in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Dollar Tree

Pros

Easy job, less work load and flexible schedule are the only reasons to work at Dollar Tree

Cons

Substandard pay, inferior benefits and not a whole lot of room for personal growth and development.

Care for your employees and stop treating them unfairly.

reviews filtered by

They treat their managers horribly, put in a ton of hours for little salary, and bonuses are imperviable.

Former Employee - Store Manager in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at Dollar Tree

Pros

You don't have to wear a dress shirt and tie, just a green polo. No price checks, because everything is a dollar or less.

Cons

Impossible to keep a staple items in stock. You work a ton of hours for very little salary compensation. I put in over 100 hours two weeks in a row, because of an assistant manager being out sick. Not even my district manager could get other stores to help out with a manager to fill in. So that meant many days working 6:30am-10:30pm. And the "bonus" guidelines are set up so that they are nearly impossible to achieve.

You get what you pay for with employees. When you can only start associates out at minimum wage (even with experience), do you really expect outstanding productivity??

It's an okay place to work, but definitely not the best.

Current Employee - Cashier in Lorton, VA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Lorton, VA

I have been working at Dollar Tree

Pros

Dollar tree can be a very exciting and fast paced company with great employees. Some of the managers are phenomenal and the work can be exciting.

Cons

The pay at dollar tree is horrible in comparison to the amount of work they expect you to do. At my location, I've had 4 managers and they all treated the employees with no respect.

Management needs to do a better job at treating employees with respect, raises need to be given on time, the pay needs to be higher unless you all reduce the amount of work that is supposed to be done.

There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree