Dollar Tree

www.dollartree.com
  www.dollartree.com
There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree

The Best Company I Ever Worked For!

Former Employee - Human Resource Manager in Marietta, OK
Former Employee - Human Resource Manager in Marietta, OK

I worked at Dollar Tree

Pros

Dollar Tree strives to do the best for their associates. In the DC, Full Time associates do not have to pay for any of their benefits. They receive bonuses for production. There are many reward and recognition programs in place. They have annual picnics and Christmas parties for the associates and give out thousands of dollars in prizes and gifts. I know this was so where I was employed. The opportunity for one to advance is there with the "Green Shirt Program", if the associate meets the requirements. I can not say enough why this is a GREAT company to work for.

Cons

Just in my case, since I was in management, I worked long hours. This is the only thing I can say on the downside, however, being in management for years, this is expected.

Senior Managment Level-were terrific. Communicated on a daily basis. I can not say enough about my DM as she was there for us whenever we needed information. All the Upper Mgmt were professional and I welcomed them coming to the DC as I always learned from them. I especially had high respect for the Chief Logistic Officer as he made it a point to communicate with all the associates when he came to visit. When I retired, he personally called me...how many people in his position would do that? And, Bob Sasser has lead DT to the successful company it has become.
L1 and L2 Managers-Need to practice what they learn in the Foundations For Leadership Course and interact with the associates.Give positive or constructional feedback to the associate. Give annual reviews on time. Build relationships with ALL associates. Be fair and consistent with everyone and not show partiality. Be respectful with their communications to associates and other managers. Not talk about other associates or managers to their employees or the other management team. Overall, most didn't do this, however, if one did any of the above on occasion, the morale of the team would suffer. And, when I say the team, I am talking about everyone in the DC.

647 Other Employee Reviews for Dollar Tree (View Most Recent)

Not a good company to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

I have been working at Dollar Tree

Pros

The customers are the best thing about working at dollar tree. Its definatley not the company or those who run it

Cons

Wages, hours , policies, expectations, pushing sales on people and having to document daily how many you've suckered in to it. And then watching management get bonuses on their checks for the cashiers pushing the extra sales. This is endless nothing about this place is acceptable except the customers

Be more employee oriented we are the ones making your money you know. Appreciate us little people

The experience has not been very good.

Current Employee - Cashier in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Cashier in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Dollar Tree

Pros

Easy job, less work load and flexible schedule are the only reasons to work at Dollar Tree

Cons

Substandard pay, inferior benefits and not a whole lot of room for personal growth and development.

Care for your employees and stop treating them unfairly.

There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree