Dollar Tree

www.dollartree.com
  www.dollartree.com
There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree

Not a very good working environment.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Chattanooga, TN
Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Dollar Tree

Pros

It was nice being able to see new products first hand. Customers couldn't complain about the prices of items as they were only 1.00.

Cons

Store manager was very unfair in how he treated his employes. Especially the other Assistant Manager, whom had no management sense at all and stayed on break all the time. He kissed his butt and gave him anything he wanted.

Be more fair in how employes are treated. Including scheduling, delegating, and believing people when they are telling you that one of your Assistant Managers does nothing when you're not there except sit outside and smoke their entire shift.

632 Other Employee Reviews for Dollar Tree (View Most Recent)

The Best Company I Ever Worked For!

Former Employee - Human Resource Manager in Marietta, OK
    Former Employee - Human Resource Manager in Marietta, OK

I worked at Dollar Tree

Pros

Dollar Tree strives to do the best for their associates. In the DC, Full Time associates do not have to pay for any of their benefits. They receive bonuses for production. There are many reward and recognition programs in place. They have annual picnics and Christmas parties for the associates and give out thousands of dollars in prizes and gifts. I know this was so where I was employed. The opportunity for one to advance is there with the "Green Shirt Program", if the associate meets the requirements. I can not say enough why this is a GREAT company to work for.

Cons

Just in my case, since I was in management, I worked long hours. This is the only thing I can say on the downside, however, being in management for years, this is expected.

Senior Managment Level-were terrific. Communicated on a daily basis. I can not say enough about my DM as she was there for us whenever we needed information. All the Upper Mgmt were professional and I welcomed them coming to the DC as I always learned from them. I especially had high respect for the Chief Logistic Officer as he made it a point to communicate with all the associates when he came to visit. When I retired, he personally called me...how many people in his position would do that? And, Bob Sasser has lead DT to the successful company it has become.
    L1 and L2 Managers-Need to practice what they learn in the Foundations For Leadership Course and interact with the associates.Give positive or constructional feedback to the associate. Give annual reviews on time. Build relationships with ALL associates. Be fair and consistent with everyone and not show partiality. Be respectful with their communications to associates and other managers. Not talk about other associates or managers to their employees or the other management team. Overall, most didn't do this, however, if one did any of the above on occasion, the morale of the team would suffer. And, when I say the team, I am talking about everyone in the DC.

Not a good company to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

I have been working at Dollar Tree

Pros

The customers are the best thing about working at dollar tree. Its definatley not the company or those who run it

Cons

Wages, hours , policies, expectations, pushing sales on people and having to document daily how many you've suckered in to it. And then watching management get bonuses on their checks for the cashiers pushing the extra sales. This is endless nothing about this place is acceptable except the customers

Be more employee oriented we are the ones making your money you know. Appreciate us little people

There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree