Dollar Tree

There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree

Under-appreciated

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Charlotte, NC
Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Dollar Tree part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoyed my employees and customer...I had developed wonderful relationship with my employees and a other members of management. I also enjoyed many of the policies that were there about bonuses and time-off; many of which were changed for newly hired management. It gave an opportunity to polish my customer service skills and learn to develop ways of getting along with everyone.

Cons

They are not "employee-friendly", they're only about their dollar. They changed policies that they felt would help the company but simply slowed down our process. They do not give out enough hours to keep the operation flowing good and getting the store to visual readiness.

Learn to appreciate your employees, and take the time to train them. Probably why they have high turn-over rate.

632 Other Employee Reviews for Dollar Tree (View Most Recent)

it was ok place to work

Former Employee - Sales Assciote in McKinney, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Assciote in McKinney, TX

I worked at Dollar Tree full-time (less than an year)

Pros

nice people, clean store , ok

Cons

at the store at worked at the didnt work with me on the hours i could work because i didnt have a baby sitter at certain times

ok if just for part time work

Current Employee - Not Sure They Never Actually Gave Me One in Central Point, OR

I have been working at Dollar Tree part-time (more than an year)

Pros

the store i work at is ok management is ok and some are quick to say Thank you.

Cons

No wage increases no benefits, low hours no discounts, when your review comes around you have no idea how your doing they don't share the feedback only when it's negative.

Pay increase after a year would be nice, even some sort of benefit. and when doing company news letter would be nice not to see a pat on managers back but the people who make that manager look good.

There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree