There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree

Under-appreciated

Former Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Charlotte, NC
Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Dollar Tree part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I enjoyed my employees and customer...I had developed wonderful relationship with my employees and a other members of management. I also enjoyed many of the policies that were there about bonuses and time-off; many of which were changed for newly hired management. It gave an opportunity to polish my customer service skills and learn to develop ways of getting along with everyone.

Cons

They are not "employee-friendly", they're only about their dollar. They changed policies that they felt would help the company but simply slowed down our process. They do not give out enough hours to keep the operation flowing good and getting the store to visual readiness.

Learn to appreciate your employees, and take the time to train them. Probably why they have high turn-over rate.

575 Other Employee Reviews for Dollar Tree (View Most Recent)

ok if just for part time work

Current Employee - Not Sure They Never Actually Gave Me One  in  Central Point, OR
    Current Employee - Not Sure They Never Actually Gave Me One in Central Point, OR

I have been working at Dollar Tree part-time for more than a year

Pros

the store i work at is ok management is ok and some are quick to say Thank you.

Cons

No wage increases no benefits, low hours no discounts, when your review comes around you have no idea how your doing they don't share the feedback only when it's negative.

Pay increase after a year would be nice, even some sort of benefit. and when doing company news letter would be nice not to see a pat on managers back but the people who make that manager look good.

Sucks!

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Wytheville, VA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Wytheville, VA

I have been working at Dollar Tree part-time for less than a year

Pros

Some awesome people to get to know and meet. Decent hours.

Cons

Management is lazy! Depends on employees to carry the whole work load, and get wrote up if not completed. They do not work with schedules at all, I am in college and they are not lenient. I work all night shifts.

There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree

Worked for Dollar Tree? Contribute to the Community!