Dollar Tree
www.dollartree.com Chesapeake, VA 5000+ Employees

Careless

Freight Processor (Former Employee)
Orlando, FL

I worked at Dollar Tree part-time for less than a year

ProsThe pros of working at Dollar Tree are that of working at any other retail store; you're the first to know what is going on the shelves for consumers.

ConsThe downsides of working at the specific store I worked at was the lack of communication between managers, poor environmental ethics, and the lack of commitment to the productivity and appeal of the store.

Advice to Senior ManagementIndividual stores should be investigated with a keen eye. The success of a store is based on its appearance and how well the manager can manage the day to day routine.

Not what they told me the job would be

Store Manager (Former Employee)
Tyler, TX

I worked at Dollar Tree full-time for less than a year

Pros: If you like challenges this is the job. Cons: Margins for the business model so low that there are not enough hours to give hourly associates to effectively get the job… Advice to Senior Management: either shareholders need to take a few million less and give to the stores(or district) budgets or the price point needs to be increased so… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Overworked, Underpaid

Store Manager (Former Employee)
Erie, PA

I worked at Dollar Tree full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great Autonomy for the most part at how you run… Cons: Like most retailers, not enough payroll hours to keep up… Advice to Senior Management: Learn to recognize the top performers and pay them accordingly and allow more payroll as the sales… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Dollar Tree.

Worked for Dollar Tree? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dollar Tree reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Dollar Tree CEO Bob Sasser. All reviews posted anonymously by Dollar Tree employees.