There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree

An Okay First Job

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Modesto, CA
Former Employee - Cashier in Modesto, CA

I worked at Dollar Tree part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I got this job when I was still in high school, so the hours worked well around my school schedule. You can meet some awesome coworkers, if you're lucky. Great part-time job if you don't care about getting many hours.

Cons

Management tends to play favorites, some employees get more hours than others instead of rotating shifts. Absolutely no room to grow unless a manager/assistant manager get fired and they're desperate to fill the position. Was there 3 years and never got a raise or bonus. They threaten you with write-ups and termination if you don't do absolutely every single thing they tell you (Our store had a lot of Spanish-speaking customers and some employees don't speak Spanish, therefore could not offer "item of the week" and are constantly threatened with write-ups).

Reward hard-working employees and give more incentives. It might be easier to offer "item of the week" to customers when there's something in it for the workers, even just recognition.

577 Other Employee Reviews for Dollar Tree (View Most Recent)

Okay

Current Employee - PT Cashier  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - PT Cashier in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Dollar Tree part-time for less than a year

Pros

Co-workers are super nice and its fairly easy.

Cons

Nothing rarely gets completely done because the store is always busy, you get written up easily even for events you cannot control.

Be more understanding

Headache

Former Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Dollar Tree full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Easy advance into management from associate position.
    ok benefits (For management).

Cons

From an Assistant Manager's point of view. Bad pay(You're expected to do as much work as a store manager, but get paid close to a cashier...), Impossible to achieve monthly bonus, ridiculous if not unrealistic expectations from upper management. Just overall too much work, headache and demands for the bad pay they give you.

Treat your employees better and pay them what they deserve , after all they do all the physical/crucial work to keep your corporation functioning.

There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree

Worked for Dollar Tree? Contribute to the Community!