Dollar Tree

www.dollartree.com

An Okay First Job

Cashier (Former Employee) Modesto, CA

ProsI got this job when I was still in high school, so the hours worked well around my school schedule. You can meet some awesome coworkers, if you're lucky. Great part-time job if you don't care about getting many hours.

ConsManagement tends to play favorites, some employees get more hours than others instead of rotating shifts. Absolutely no room to grow unless a manager/assistant manager get fired and they're desperate to fill the position. Was there 3 years and never got a raise or bonus. They threaten you with write-ups and termination if you don't do absolutely every single thing they tell you (Our store had a lot of Spanish-speaking customers and some employees don't speak Spanish, therefore could not offer "item of the week" and are constantly threatened with write-ups).

Advice to Senior ManagementReward hard-working employees and give more incentives. It might be easier to offer "item of the week" to customers when there's something in it for the workers, even just recognition.

Okay

PT Cashier (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Dollar Tree part-time for less than a year

Pros: Co-workers are super nice and its fairly easy. Cons: Nothing rarely gets completely done because the store is always busy,… Advice to Senior Management: Be more understanding Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Headache

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Houston, TX

I worked at Dollar Tree full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Easy advance into management from associate position. ok benefits (For management). Cons: From an Assistant Manager's point of view. Bad pay(You're expected to do as much work as a store manager, but get paid close to… Advice to Senior Management: Treat your employees better and pay them what they deserve , after… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Dollar Tree.

Worked for Dollar Tree? Contribute to the Community!