There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree

Dollar Tree

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Brentwood, TN
Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Brentwood, TN

I worked at Dollar Tree full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Easy, fairly straight forward work. Paid vacation, flexible with schedule, sick time.

Cons

Could pay better, company only focuses on what you're doing wrong, never highlights the positives.

reviews filtered by

Worst Job in retail!

Current Employee - Stocker in Harrisburg, PA
    Current Employee - Stocker in Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at Dollar Tree part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Easy to do if management runs their store realistically. It's not hard to stock a store or help customers...but (read the cons)

Cons

Dollar Tree asks it's stock guys/gals to stock their shelf's with only 5 hours to do it. Management forgets the time it takes to rotate food items in the store as well as interruptions from customers asking where candy is in the candy isle. They count how many boxes/cases you put out, making it more stressful to get things done. They train their store managers to treat their staff like crap and have no respect for the people busting their asses for them.

So if your looking to work for this garbage piece of crap of an company I warn you, your only gonna make $7.25 an hour with maybe 15-20 hours a week! Add in the ludicrous expectations management places on the stock crew and if your smart, you will have your answer.

Stay away...I am out of here as soon as I find a more respectable company to work for.

Treat your employees with respect! Make your stock crew overnight with at least 30 hours a week (giving them 8 hours to stock the store without rushing them to do so), pay your stock crew at least $8 to $9 an hour to unload your messy trucks and load your dirty stores. And can we please get a better break room for God's sake?

Don't ever work here, seriously.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Fort Collins, CO
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Fort Collins, CO

I worked at Dollar Tree part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Everything is a dollar that's about it.

Cons

Management sucks, you get underpaid and overworked. I was an assistant manager making 8.70 and hour. I made more as a cashier at other companies. Being an assistant manager for this company is literally nothing more than being a glorified janitor who gets to handle money. The customers are rude. And on top of it all, higher management is not only rude, but they're accusatory even if you did nothing wrong. The cashiers don't care about their jobs and cannot be easily managed.

Hire employees who aren't drug addicts. Make drug testing MANDATORY for EVERY position. Hire people who aren't criminals.

There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree