Dollar Tree

There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree

Good place to work.

Former Employee - Sales Clerk/Cashier in Jacksboro, TN
Former Employee - Sales Clerk/Cashier in Jacksboro, TN

I worked at Dollar Tree part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Work ethics were good here. Co-workers are helpful and friendly. Metting new people.

Cons

Not enough hours for employees. Short breaks.

None they were great.

711 Other Employee Reviews for Dollar Tree (View Most Recent)

very unhappy with upper management

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Dollar Tree full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

the cashiers and hours are ok but the pros are not really there after you have worked your way in company for eight years and then they decide to knock you back down agian because the numbers are not there and dont want to pay you

Cons

dollar tree as a company does not back up cashiers or managers when customers complain the customer is not always right and we pay the price for that

talk to the people and at least try to see what they go through on a shift. upper management just says do it even if it goes against policy! dollar tree does not do refunds and when you tell a customer that and they get mad and complain it is the manager that told them that gets diciplined . instead of backing that manager up! change policy or stick to what the reciept and counter staes.

I am still in shock

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Dollar Tree part-time (less than a year)

Pros

I can not think of one single thing good about the district I worked in.

Cons

Store level positions are not for women....I worked there as a PT Assistant Manager. I am lucky enough to be in a position where I do not have to work, so I thought I would get me a PT job at a retail store. Because of my extensive experience in retail management they offered me PT asst. manager. I have never worked so hard in my life...and I have always been a hard worker. The process of checking in truck and putting up stock is so out dated and inefficient that the manager is constantly putting out stock, and unable to concentrate on customer service or employee issues. It is unbelievable how hard these women work for just a small amount of money, and I do mean small. The manager is no more than a regular employee with a key and salary so she can work 100 hours per week. So if you are in a Dollar Tree, and the cashier or manager is somewhat curt, please understand because these employees go through hell and /or probably in pain from throwing boxes of freight. Big Semi trucks bring the merchandise, approx. 800 boxes and 2 or 3 employees unload the semi truck. Its ridiculous to expect women and small men to do this. Side note, no back belts in any stores.

Appreciate each of your long term employees. Also, get together with other management and think of ways to improve the process for checking in and putting out freight. Also, offer these people back belts.

There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree