Dollar Tree

www.dollartree.com

Store Stock Control

Pros

Great hours and only minutes from my home.

Cons

Less use of my skills but fine for now.

Other reviews for Dollar Tree

Better than being unemployed... I guess...

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager

Pros

They will take anyone. I mean ANYONE. I was out of work for a couple years and was offered a PT Assistant Manager Position. I've had plenty of manager experience so I figured this would be great. However...

Cons

-Not enough hours. Staff expected to do the work of a 5 person crew with only 2 people per shift.
    -Outdated processes. I have NEVER seen a more inefficient way to unload a truck and put out stock. And with so few staff, the process breaks down even further.
    -When a company pays a wage like they don't care, they get employees that don't care. Don't tell me you're surprised!
    -Managers are little more than keyholding stockers/cashiers. We are saddled with policies that DMs and up simply will not back up the SM on. Everyone from a District Manager and higher that I have dealt with for any issues I've brought to them simply don't want to hear it. Yet they always want want to have long talks about why your store isn't performing.
    -Attitude of upper management is (direct quote) "Suck it up, this is Retail!" Um... I've seen and worked in many retail companies that didn't sink to this level of indifference and hostility.

Most of your staff have come from other retail companies. They make the money, not you. They put out the stock, not you. They listen all day to customers complain about the new return policy, not you. They keep the store as clean as they can (with the staff they have), not you. Please, treat them better and I promise they will give you better results.

But... Management doesn't listen, so I can't imagine they read these reviews.

worst job ive ever had and ive wiped asses for a living

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Bakersfield, CA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Bakersfield, CA

Pros

there are no pros to working for dollar tree but i have to enter at least 20 words in this category lol

Cons

pay is minimum wage which is expected but they hire more people then needed and then only give four hour shifts they expect you to keep the store perfectly clean constantly which is impossible they force you to take a break even though your only there for four hours and force you to clock out for your wimpy 10 minute break and the managers all contradict each other. When i tried to spend a dollar on my break to buy a soda I was told we are not allowed to purchase things when were on shift because it leads to stealing LOL all the customers that shop there steal anyways I should know I have to clean up all the empty packages they leave behind in ''hiding spots'' the bathrooms have a keypad that you have to enter a code into to get into but we are still forced to share with customers and give them the code they totally disrespect the bathroom there is no breakroom for employees just a mangers office that is always locked I swept the whole store did recovery til spotless and mopped only to be told the next day I didn't sweep up the stuff in the dustpan and put in trash when I absolutely did! no respect for employees at all i could go on forever about how terrible and vile it is working for this company.

^^^

There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree.

Worked for Dollar Tree? Contribute to the Community!