There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree

Summer Job

Former Employee - Store Associate in Allen, TX
Former Employee - Store Associate in Allen, TX

I worked at Dollar Tree part-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are two Dollar Trees in my city, and I was working at the nicer one. We kept our location much nicer than the other one, and I could tell this because people were often surprised when they walked in. They also complimented us. I've heard a lot of bad reviews about Dollar Tree employees having to work through breaks without pay, but I never experienced that while I was there.

Cons

The downside of my experience there was a schedule that changed weekly. It would have been nice to have a consistent schedule. Another downside is they only pay minimum wage, but from my experience it's an alright starter job.

Either schedule more employees or expect employees to do less on their shifts; it can get very busy and messy in the store. Sometimes it's impossible for the number of employees that are there to get everything done that needs to be done.

603 Other Employee Reviews for Dollar Tree (View Most Recent)

Fast Paced get ready to run and hope you have no life

Current Employee - Store Manager in Oxford, ME
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Oxford, ME

I have been working at Dollar Tree full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

OK pay for the industry. Bonus is based off monthly sales performance.

Cons

Fast paced. Lost of changes that keep you guessing what they truly want. Politics has gotten worse over the years that I have worked there.

Stop with the cookie cutter approach that it well work in all stores. You have to work in several store volumes. Work side by side with a store manager or as one you would really see that some of your plans would not work on all levels.

Just stock and ring

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Dollar Tree part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Company is good for short term get your experience and move on to a better job, now if you stay work your way up to store manager if you can, I had the experience of working with bad managers maybe by now there gone "wink wink"

Cons

Its like they got all the worst managers other companies got rid of and hired them all. the sad thing is that the company is doing well but has the worst management, merchandises sells it self

If your employees know more than you learn from them dont retaliate "each one teach one"
    DM's need to be fully trained before there out in the field managers need to leave there bad tactics and have a plan for there stores.

There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree