There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree

Improvements needed. Policymakers should work their own "Laws" in an inner-city store...

Current Employee - Ft Assistant Store Manager in Moultrie, GA
Current Employee - Ft Assistant Store Manager in Moultrie, GA

I have been working at Dollar Tree full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

guaranteed at least min. of 35 hrs. per week most customers are great

Cons

must punch for breaks but usually won't get, low pay, not enough people working at same time, freight and work load to heavy, etc scedules Always subject to change and called in on day off. some of the regular customers can be very arrogant and huge butts parents with children let their kids run loose while they are destroying the store customers on cell phones at any given time during their shopping trip even while checking out or asking where something is located...and on and on and on...

Advice to Management

More payroll hours given to employ at least 2 cashiers and managment at ALL given open hours of business...even when slow. Better way and "tools" to make truck unload easier on all our backs.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Summer Job

Former Employee - Store Associate in Allen, TX
    Former Employee - Store Associate in Allen, TX

I worked at Dollar Tree part-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are two Dollar Trees in my city, and I was working at the nicer one. We kept our location much nicer than the other one, and I could tell this because people were often surprised when they walked in. They also complimented us. I've heard a lot of bad reviews about Dollar Tree employees having to work through breaks without pay, but I never experienced that while I was there.

Cons

The downside of my experience there was a schedule that changed weekly. It would have been nice to have a consistent schedule. Another downside is they only pay minimum wage, but from my experience it's an alright starter job.

Advice to Management

Either schedule more employees or expect employees to do less on their shifts; it can get very busy and messy in the store. Sometimes it's impossible for the number of employees that are there to get everything done that needs to be done.

Bad Deal

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Dollar Tree full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Its a paying job no other pros

Cons

Poor pay ,poor hours,no incentives.Unreasonable expectations,Company don't care about their people ,treat all employees has thevies,provide no benefits of any kind to cashiers. And over the last few years have cut benefits to management cut all payed holidays.And now keep most stores open every holiday but Christmas. They insist on extending hours in inner city stores where the danger to employees is higher all while cutting payroll hours.

Advice to Management

Make those in corp.come into stores and do what they expect us to do with the tools we have.