There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree

Improvements needed. Policymakers should work their own "Laws" in an inner-city store...

Current Employee - Ft Assistant Store Manager  in  Moultrie, GA
Current Employee - Ft Assistant Store Manager in Moultrie, GA

I have been working at Dollar Tree full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

guaranteed at least min. of 35 hrs. per week
most customers are great

Cons

must punch for breaks but usually won't get, low pay, not enough people working at same time, freight and work load to heavy, etc scedules Always subject to change and called in on day off.
some of the regular customers can be very arrogant and huge butts
parents with children let their kids run loose while they are destroying the store
customers on cell phones at any given time during their shopping trip even while checking out or asking where something is located...and on and on and on...

More payroll hours given to employ at least 2 cashiers and managment at ALL given open hours of business...even when slow. Better way and "tools" to make truck unload easier on all our backs.

577 Other Employee Reviews for Dollar Tree (View Most Recent)

Summer Job

Former Employee - Store Associate  in  Allen, TX
    Former Employee - Store Associate in Allen, TX

I worked at Dollar Tree part-time for more than a year

Pros

There are two Dollar Trees in my city, and I was working at the nicer one. We kept our location much nicer than the other one, and I could tell this because people were often surprised when they walked in. They also complimented us. I've heard a lot of bad reviews about Dollar Tree employees having to work through breaks without pay, but I never experienced that while I was there.

Cons

The downside of my experience there was a schedule that changed weekly. It would have been nice to have a consistent schedule. Another downside is they only pay minimum wage, but from my experience it's an alright starter job.

Either schedule more employees or expect employees to do less on their shifts; it can get very busy and messy in the store. Sometimes it's impossible for the number of employees that are there to get everything done that needs to be done.

Fast Paced get ready to run and hope you have no life

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  Oxford, ME
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Oxford, ME

I have been working at Dollar Tree full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

OK pay for the industry. Bonus is based off monthly sales performance.

Cons

Fast paced. Lost of changes that keep you guessing what they truly want. Politics has gotten worse over the years that I have worked there.

Stop with the cookie cutter approach that it well work in all stores. You have to work in several store volumes. Work side by side with a store manager or as one you would really see that some of your plans would not work on all levels.

There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree

Worked for Dollar Tree? Contribute to the Community!