Dollar Tree

www.dollartree.com
  www.dollartree.com
There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree

Best job ive had part time

Former Employee - Cashier in New Philadelphia, OH
Former Employee - Cashier in New Philadelphia, OH

I worked at Dollar Tree part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Easiest job I've had part time. Corporate enough but also laid back. Easy to work with other employees because there arent that many but enough that you can request off if need be. worked there during college for a year, easy, not stressful unless holidays.
Wish i would have bugged manager more about transferring when i transferred colleges.
managers are not too rude . don't be short on drawer and don't be rude. i dont know how else youd get fired.

Cons

Pay is minimum wage but to be expected. can be very boring at times but low stress so who cares. holidays can be stressful but they hire extra help. customers can be shady but whatever.

don't fight between each other. dont bring others into it.

639 Other Employee Reviews for Dollar Tree (View Most Recent)

Improvements needed. Policymakers should work their own "Laws" in an inner-city store...

Current Employee - Ft Assistant Store Manager in Moultrie, GA
    Current Employee - Ft Assistant Store Manager in Moultrie, GA

I have been working at Dollar Tree full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

guaranteed at least min. of 35 hrs. per week
    most customers are great

Cons

must punch for breaks but usually won't get, low pay, not enough people working at same time, freight and work load to heavy, etc scedules Always subject to change and called in on day off.
    some of the regular customers can be very arrogant and huge butts
    parents with children let their kids run loose while they are destroying the store
    customers on cell phones at any given time during their shopping trip even while checking out or asking where something is located...and on and on and on...

More payroll hours given to employ at least 2 cashiers and managment at ALL given open hours of business...even when slow. Better way and "tools" to make truck unload easier on all our backs.

Summer Job

Former Employee - Store Associate in Allen, TX
    Former Employee - Store Associate in Allen, TX

I worked at Dollar Tree part-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are two Dollar Trees in my city, and I was working at the nicer one. We kept our location much nicer than the other one, and I could tell this because people were often surprised when they walked in. They also complimented us. I've heard a lot of bad reviews about Dollar Tree employees having to work through breaks without pay, but I never experienced that while I was there.

Cons

The downside of my experience there was a schedule that changed weekly. It would have been nice to have a consistent schedule. Another downside is they only pay minimum wage, but from my experience it's an alright starter job.

Either schedule more employees or expect employees to do less on their shifts; it can get very busy and messy in the store. Sometimes it's impossible for the number of employees that are there to get everything done that needs to be done.

There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree